Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Hi Guys,

I changed from TS to TSE, as with the bigger brother, updating Bitdefender engines were difficult (took many tries, even sent feedback to Qihoo). The smaller brother performs much better here.

But now I can't find the right executable to perform a virus scan when opening the archive with WinRar (sandboxed mode Qihoo TSE).

Can you please tell me which executable to use? As those are others than with the bigger brother (I can't remember the right one, which worked fine in combination with WinRar).

Please refer to the snapshots.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4060/fjjk8xrv_jpg.htm
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4060/nvjsis7j_jpg.htm

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What was the executable you used with 360TS?

Have you tried any of the main ones?

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Hello Huracan, thank you for the fast reply :) Sorry can't remember, but comparing with a Win7 version of TS (another laptop, I guess it was QHSafeScanner - though it does not work anymore, just tried it, no idea how I did in on my Win8 machine). I tried both 360DeskAna.exe as well as 360DeskAna64.exe (I've got a 64bit Windows machine, so these sound right). It asks me to type the password, then the window closes and nothing happens (I used the 2 Samples.zip you can find in Malware Exchange). When I use QHSafeMain.exe, of course Qihoo 360 pops up. 360Shellpro.exe leads to an error message.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Use haozip, it uses qihoo cloud engines to detect malware inside compressed files but u must have live internet connection.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Use haozip, it uses qihoo cloud engines to detect malware inside compressed files but u must have live internet connection.

Hello Koroke,

thank you very much, will try that one out :)

Edit:

Koroke, this one's a great tip, thank you very much!

Last edited:
Reactions: Koroke San
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.