New Official Comodo forum Powered by Discourse

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

The new forum is actually a good sign (y)(y)(y).

Would Comodo users / forum members be so kind to post updates here when new information of the upcoming Comodo upgrade is published?

Melih said:
An internal project has been started to update the consumer version.

They are building a timeline as to when the public release will be, then the announcement will follow.

PLEASE DON'T DISCUSS THE PRO'S AND CON'S OF CIS/CFW ONLY PROVIDE STATUS UPDATES OF THE ANNOUNCED NEW CONSUMER VERSION RELEASE
(WE ALREADY HAD THAT DISCUSSION, NO NEED TO REPEAT THAT AGAIN)

Last edited by a moderator:

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Attempted to actually login and get "Incorrect username, email or password".
As I hate it, apparently it also hates me, and not a chance I re-apply.
Yeah, I had to reset password.
For me it is far from an upgrade (ie Horrible). Hope that this is just an interim state.
Yeah, not a fan of the layout, all my PMs have gone. Oh and not one peep of a notification ahead of time. It's putting me off visiting that forum. Lets hope the planned releases aren't as much if a mess :S

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
A little more color and a better look is a welcome addition.
The only drawback is that there are many places to branch out from the top page.

For the generation that used Windows from xp to around 7, comodo is a company that has left a strong impression on them. I will keep an eye on their future transition.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Can't sign in either. To me, the new forum is, to use a highly technical description - Blah. I'll wait for the upgrade of Comodo firewall and may honor them by opening a new account.

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023
The new forum should have an option to switch view between desktop and mobile.
There is so much wasted white space on the left and right side when viewing on a desktop, everything is crammed in the center of the screen.
The old forum was better in this regard.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I am following activity on Comodo forum.
1676651728911.png

Just for my understanding, is this a change in policy? I thought that I had read that people could download the PRO version and it would turn into the free version automatically.
Please tell me whether
a) I understood this wrong (only the 2020 release is and was the freeware version)
b) COMODO_RT is half right (e.g. Pro turns in Free after days but the update does not work)
c) other, please explain

Last edited by a moderator:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Max- CIS will revert from paid to non-paid after 30 days. This is easy to verify by just changing the system clock. As to continued AV updates- that's a good question and one that I can't answer for certain (nor is it of particular interest for me).

Please note that the strength of Comodo is Containment and the firewall (Definitely NOT the AV) and both are independent of the need for daily updates. Remember that the difference between CF and CIS is that CIS has an on-demand AV scanning module (CF already has Cloud AV). So you must answer for yourself if there is any real value having the on-demand scanner with daily updates anyway.

Personally I never even consider installing CIS (sorry C!) as the protection afforded by CF is already at the top of the heap.

Hope that helps.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.