Not open for further replies.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Is it stable or beta?
Main page shows beta & download section shows stable?

It could very well be because I hat little sleep last night, but I can not find the word Beta on the main page?

http://www.slimjet.com/en/

But even if I overlook that word due to little sleep, I personally believe the download section. If I missed the "Beta" on the main page, then maybe they keep it like that because SlimJet is constantly under development, and the download section shows the stable version after extensive testing.

Either way SlimJet is Stable, I have never hat any problems with it since I started using it. :)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Slimjet still crash on google + & gmail sometimes. Not happy. Plus chrome crash service component update found but can't update it.

Reactions: darko999

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Slimjet still crash on google + & gmail sometimes. Not happy. Plus chrome crash service component update found but can't update it.

Personally I have no problems with G+ and Gmail so I have no idea why you do, but I checked chrome crash service component and I also get the same thing as you. I will post this bug(s) on there forum.

EDIT: Reported it on their forum, once I know more I will let you know.

Last edited:

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
On the download page there is a "secondary server" link under the big download button, that is quite fast.

Yes, thanks! I visited their Facebook page and a discussion was already going on there, hence the secondary server. Great news!

/W

D

Deleted member 2913

It could very well be because I hat little sleep last night, but I can not find the word Beta on the main page?

http://www.slimjet.com/en/

But even if I overlook that word due to little sleep, I personally believe the download section. If I missed the "Beta" on the main page, then maybe they keep it like that because SlimJet is constantly under development, and the download section shows the stable version after extensive testing.

Either way SlimJet is Stable, I have never hat any problems with it since I started using it. :)
The day I posted my post here the main page was showing beta but today beta word is not there.
Good to know its stable version.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Hard to say ... sometimes they bring out several new versions in two weeks or so, and other times it is maybe one version in 2 months. Quite often they are fast, but in the end it is the development team that decides on when to release a new version. ( And that is a good thing in my opinion. It would not be good if we the users decided on that. :) )

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
They will switch to v. 44 as soon as they're sure it doesn't break any of their added code. Since they held back on v43 I suspect it will be quick.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
  • Update language files
  • Add shortcut key (Ctrl+M) to duplicate the current tab.

Download: http://www.slimjet.com/en/dlpage.php?update=1

Also to any one, the online forum for SlimJet is a users forum and at the moment has few members. The more people join there as well ( It is free of course. :) ) the more help/information and such can be given to others. You can reach the SlimJet Online forum by going clicking on the gear in the top right and going to the Helpcentre and then Online forum.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
I'm on 10, was not satisfied a bit with Comodo Dragon, installed SlimJet, it was pretty fast when I'd tried on windows 8.1 same on windows 10 ;) but it says in settings menu open in Windows 8 mode instead of windows 10 mode :p :D
By the way it's not loading my saved passwords on websites :/

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.