Not open for further replies.

MikeV

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
The new version will include ALL engines that Total security uses (Bitdefender + Avira)

wOxFTjv.png

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/360safe

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I will place my bet that it is an engine for repairing the system. :D Let's see. It's probably when you have those "wrong file association" & etc types of warnings after a scan, which I've seen before. So it probably reverts possibly malicious or unstable system settings.

By the way, that sounds like very good news indeed, 360IS is a fine program.

Reactions: Piteko21 and MikeV

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
I will place my bet that it is an engine for repairing the system. :D Let's see. It's probably when you have those "wrong file association" & etc types of warnings after a scan, which I've seen before. So it probably reverts possibly malicious or unstable system settings.

By the way, that sounds like very good news indeed, 360IS is a fine program.

Yessss....lots of people like its simplicity and find it lighter than TS

I hope this addition does not affect those factors

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
The addition of the Avira engine might make it lighter, actually. I think there's a difference in which Avira is faster than Bitdefender, especially in load times for startup. That, however, would naturally require the manual turning on of only the Avira real-time engine. I think no matter now much they optimize the use of both engines at once, if you have two instead of one job to do, it's going to take longer and/or more resources finish. But the addition of another engine provides power of choice, and the always welcome additional detections it may provide.

Why they have 2 the same programs???
The programs are not the same. One is an antivirus: 360 Internet Security. The other is an antivirus plus system optimizer: 360 Total Security, which includes a junk cleaner, a system updater, etc.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
The junk cleaner function is actually present in 360IS too. I would not mind seeing the startup optimizer make its way to Internet Security either. But of course, it will be interesting to see where they are going with this.

Many system utilities have implications for security or even the convenience of using a security package, like the junk cleaner, which may help you get faster scan times by eliminating useless files that won't then be scanned. The system updater can be an important part of being safe or not. So what will put the two programs apart in the future? Maybe more tools being added to Total Security, while Internet Security remains slim.

Actually, I would like to see a single product. A product with the best possible engines from these two programs (I don't know if there is really a big difference between TS's and IS's engines, anyway [EDIT: the 64-bit architecture is a big difference in favor of IS, thanks @MikeV for reminding me]) and a plugin architecture for the system tools. Suppose you have GlassWire running, you won't need another internet monitor, but maybe you are willing to replace CCleaner with their junk cleaning tool. This would give users the power to have only the tools they want and use, thus nothing useless running in the background, in memory, or even installed, while being able to install useful tools, fulfilling the possibilities of using this new product as a slim antivirus or as a multipurpose security tool.

Last edited:

MikeV

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I hope they will NOT include these ''system start up, fixes etc...'' to their Internet Security version. These will increase memory usage and to my humble opinion are useless (since we can do the same things with CCleaner and other great free software).
Another interesting thing is that 360 Internet Security has x64 version which is great instead of Total Security that is available only in x32 version.
I am sure that 360 Internet Security will have a great future....time will show...

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
cool:), when they include avira engine I will change TS to IS, despite I already change to avira in 360 TS, is heavy on my system:(

Reactions: MikeV

MikeV

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Its official that they want to include a firewall this year. read it somewhere in there facebook page some times ago under a question.
That would be very good.....time will show

Reactions: Piteko21

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm not sure about the move of Qihoo unless they will do something for Total Security since engines will be same for IS, therefore likely a firewall configuration will be much suppose implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.