Battle New Web Browser poll- Which browser do you use as your default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
i have palemoon x64.it's much more stable from firefox and chrome on my pc and it is quick enough.i have used over the years many browsers and for a year now i'm stuck with palemoon because the biggest advantage for me is that it rαrely crushes and i mean that for over a month it didn't have a single crush:eek:.that's why i love and i"m staying with it :D

Mere

Level 2
Verified
Sep 30, 2014
I am using chrome at this moment. I had chrome before and it keep crashing. It still keep crashing on me.. Everything is updated on my computer.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Mere me too when i was using chrome i was experiencing a lot of crushes i mean several a day thats why i stopped using it.if you want a chromium based browser i suggest opera i used and it was good.but if you want stability as i do give a try to palemoon or cyberfox both are based on firefox but in my pc are more stable than firefox and also they both have a 64 bit version;)

Reactions: Mere

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
main browser : internet explorer desktop

other browser : internet explorer metro
Hi الشمس , I use IE sandboxed, and enjoy it. (imho) It performs much better than it did in the past.:) Adblock plus, as far as I know, may be the sole privacy protection incorporated.
I've sometimes wondered whether Internet Explorer (Metro version) is as secure as other browsers, including it's non-Metro sibling. I just wish it could be sandboxed in Metro!;)
I am using chrome at this moment. I had chrome before and it keep crashing. It still keep crashing on me.. Everything is updated on my computer.
@Mere, I agree with @tonibalas' recommendations of alternate browsers. Maybe you could try their portable versions which, rather than being installed onto your system, are directly extracted onto a USB flash drive which alleviates additions to system registry.
  1. Cyerfox http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Internet/Browsers/Cyberfox-Portable.shtml
  2. Palemoon http://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-portable.shtml
  3. Opera http://sourceforge.net/projects/opera/?source=directory (may be an older version)
Update: Since I cannot change, my vote/former default was Chrome, I'm back using Cyberfox, Palemoon, & (yes):rolleyes: good 'ole Firefox too!:D Except for Avast!'s "Safe Zone Browser" which utilizes it's own sandbox, though is neither current as newly patched Google Chrome releases which do not work compatibly (from my experience) with Sandboxie.o_O
Newly released K-Meleon. Seems to use less memory and CPU than most other browsers.
Thanks @DrySun.:)
We can read more about, and download, K-Meleon safely from Softpedia:

Last edited:

gonzalo

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2014
Firefox, but now im using Cyberfox x64 and seems to work faster and better than normal Browser.

chrome donr work very well in my system, some graphic incidents with amd cards.

Reactions: MrXidus
S

Sr. Normal

Ismethere I'll try to install Citrio . It has some features that closely conform to what I expect from a good browser .I don´t knew this browser.

Mere if you did not like Firefox , k- meleon not think you like it because it is a derivative .
Opera is a very good choice, though I like Chrome 's speed and its derivatives.

Wow ! what you learn here.
Greetings to all

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Aurora (firefox) , 360 Browser & Google chrome (not so often, it uses so many system resources)

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
Hi all,

I'm using chrome stable 37 on android and 38 beta as well,to help in testing. I also use the. Latest Firefox 32.0.3 with some add ons like https everywhere and url fixer. I do use the native browser on occasion but had shut it down after learning of a vulnerability recently published. Google had deliverred a fix back in 2012-13 for jellybeen. But there are other browsers based on the same code,like maxthon,cm browser,and a few others. Not sure if they arre patched or not. This is why I downloaded Firefox recently,and they do have some great features. Also,they are # 2 in safety test ,Chrome is first,or tops. But Firefox on android has adblocker add-ons you can use,so obviously Chrome does not offer that. Another great feature of FF is their reader mode,like having a built-in Pocket reader app,and pdf reader to change format to Mobile,for easier reading. The more I write,I don't know why I still use Chrome,oh Ya,the tabs and speed. But one last Firefox thing, when you type in a search,they automatically offer 5 other engines right there on the page to choose from. Short of that,I have Duckduckgo too. So if Google does not give you what your looking for,use the others,Yahoo,Bing,Wiki, etc.

Reactions: Oxygen

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
At this point I still can't decide between Chrome and Firefox. I go to firefox every day and use chrome too.
I use them all,but chrome is set as default because of my gmail integration and all the other great Google apps,and I can send web pages,articles to ,Pocket,Drive,Dropbox,and about ten other directions. Chrome is by far the safest in all the testing I've looked at,but Firefox is a very close second. Depending on what I'm reading or searching,determines which I use. They are both fun to use though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.