oldtimer Win PC

oldtimer

Thread author
Apr 21, 2015
I have Windows PC's and Linux PC's
On my Win computers I have changed my internet security from zone alarm extreme security to trend micro maximum security. this was based on the latest AV-Test award. One thing I did not realize was Trend Micro did not have a 2 way firewall, as I have never been a fan of Microsoft's firewall.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may add another backup browser in case of problems to IE: Opera, Chrome or Firefox

Extensions: Adguard and HTTPS Everywhere

On demand scanners: MBAM and HItman Pro/Zemana Anti Malware

TMMSPE should be fine to you and its component are purely in cloud, an optional suggestion is to add a Windows Firewall enhancer like Tinywall, Glasswire or Windows Firewall Notifier since TM does not have built in firewall feature.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Agree with the above suggestions.
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed

L

LabZero

Good security setup.
You could add Malwarebytes or Emsisoft Emergency Kit as a second opinion on-demand scanner.

Rogue987

Level 3
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
Suggestion(s):
  • Use a chromium-browser such as Google Chrome.
  • Use extensions such as ScriptSafe, Web of Trust, uBlock, HTTPS Everywhere, Ghostery - Only if you start using chrome.
  • Encrypt your External HDD to keep your data safe.
  • Use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as an on-demand scanner.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.