Guide | How To Open Malwarebytes using Windows 8

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

wmjmac

Thread author
Jul 6, 2014
How do I open Malwarebytes and run it manually (when I want) when using Windows 8? Thanks!

wmjmac

Thread author
Jul 6, 2014
The only icon I have on the desktop is "setup". There appears to be no other icon! I'm using Windows 8.1
When I click on this icon - the repeated instal begins....
Specifically, how can I open/run Malwarebytes AFTER it's downloaded?
Sorry for the apparent confusion, but sure would like to know how to do this - step by step!
Thanks!

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
so you already installed it. launch explorer and go to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware folder. right click on mbam.exe and Send To Desktop (create shortcut)

add it to context menu

2yjy7q1.jpg

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
28tdoaa.jpg

Do this after installing MBAM. That's on Win 7 but almost the same with Win 8. There is also an option to create a shortcut on the Desktop before installing MBAM

Reactions: Jack

wmjmac

Thread author
Jul 6, 2014
That's great! Thanks!
I now have a shortcut on the desktop........it works! Just ran a scan.
You're very helpful! I appreciate it!

Reactions: WinXPert

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
You're welcome. Add also the Explorer context menu

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.