Not open for further replies.

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hi Guys,

I installed Panda 2015 Antivirus Pro ( 3 months trial). Initially it felt very good.
But then I had to join some meeting using Microsoft Lync and I was not able to.

After trying for several time, I had to uninstall Panda. not that's where I faced weird problem.

Problem with Uninstalltion

1. Panda uninstaller was taking too much time. I waited for 30 minutes. but it was stuck. So I had to restart the system.
2. After restart my system was very very slow. I saw panda icon in my Taskbar but none of the protection was running. I checked the services and panda services was still there.
3. As I had no more uninstaller file, i downloaded Panda Generic Uninstalled from Panda Website.
4. when I ran the new uninstalled, my audio driver were removed too along with panda. And problem was I was unable to Install it again.

finally I had to reinstall Windows 7 :( .

may be it's just me who faced this problem. But still wanted to share as a warning with Panda 2015 uninstaller.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
How to uninstall Panda 2015 products
Uninstall your Panda 2015 product from the Windows Control Panel.

Only if this process is not completed correctly, it is advisable to completely remove files and registry entries of your antivirus. To do this, follow the instructions below:

1. Download and run the Panda 2015 Generic Uninstaller file to the Windows Desktop, for example.
  2. Click Yes when a window showing the following message is displayed.
    2015generic-uninstaller.png
  3. The following message will be displayed, but even if the window is not displayed, reboot your computer once the uninstallation process is completed.
    2015generic-uninstaller2.png
Source

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
How to uninstall Panda 2015 products
Uninstall your Panda 2015 product from the Windows Control Panel.

Only if this process is not completed correctly, it is advisable to completely remove files and registry entries of your antivirus. To do this, follow the instructions below:

1. Download and run the Panda 2015 Generic Uninstaller file to the Windows Desktop, for example.
  2. Click Yes when a window showing the following message is displayed.
    2015generic-uninstaller.png
  3. The following message will be displayed, but even if the window is not displayed, reboot your computer once the uninstallation process is completed.
    2015generic-uninstaller2.png
Source

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I already did this. This uninstalled removed my Audio Driver too :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.