PauloXBR - Config

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
None I can see any problem there, good configuration! (thumbs up) ;)

Optional suggestion: If you are dealing lots of logins then you may try like Lastpass as password manager for storing them securely.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for sharing your configuration!

I was thinking of using something like LastPass, but have not decided yet. Tip noted, Thanks!
Agree with jamescv7. You also have the choice of installing the program or a browser extension, both are free & work well.:)
Unchecky does not qualify as an On-demand Scanner. I would probably say the same for Process Hacker too.

External Hard Disk for Backup & Recovery : Full marks for that ;)

"Full marks.." are the best!:)

We can call Unchecky an 'auto' non-demand un-marking program.:p ..and it works!:)either

Edit: When "...Chrome is a hard addiction to quit.", harden it's privacy.
  • Go to Chrome settings.
  • Scroll to the bottom & choose "Advanced settings" <click> "Content Settings" button
  • Mark "Keep local data only until you close your browser"
  • Check the box "Block third-party cookies and site data"
Browsing in Incognito deletes history and cookies at end of session.

Last edited:

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Welcome to MT! Best config! I suggest FireFox as an alternate browser for more privacy(it has excellent addons like Noscript,Requestpolicy).LastPass is a must now in today's world where security breaches are common :)

PauloXBR

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 9, 2012
Emsisoft was some bugs in my system (Taskbar icon disappearing randomly, etc.) so although I like him very much, just changing the Kaspersky that is working perfectly.

Reactions: Kent and tonibalas

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.