Mini Spy

PerfectDisk Free Defrag (Beta)

Discussion in 'System Optimization and Privacy Cleaners' started by jamescv7, Mar 29, 2012.

1. jamescv7

jamescv7 Well-Known Member

Link for more information

2. Prorootect

Prorootect Well-Known Member

Hmm .. 'To access these features ..'

- so try MyDefrag like me, that's all I think, sorry.;)

3. Littlebits

Littlebits Super Moderator MalwareTips Staff

Raxco Software is probably starting to realize after losing sales over the years that users want a freeware solution.

However they are many freeware options that offer the same features as their paid software like Auslogics, Puran, Defraggler, IObit SmartDefrag, MyDefrag, Glarysoft Disk SpeedUp, etc. plus even the default defrag that comes with Vista and Windows 7 works well for many users.

PerfectDisk Free is probably going to be used to advertise their paid product and/or collect user info.

Thanks.:D

4. samit

samit Active Member

how good is perfect disk defrag in comparison with puran defrag, iobit smart defrag,etc.

5. Littlebits

Littlebits Super Moderator MalwareTips Staff

The main difference between defrag applications is features, defragging speed and GUI.
    Some have more features, can defrag hard disks very fast and easier to configure GUI.

But the end result is usually the same, just because a paid product like PerfectDisk or Diskepper, etc. has more features doesn't mean that they are any better with adding performance to your system's hard disks.

The main purpose of defragging your hard disk is to make your system faster and perform better. I have used several defrag tools both paid and free and they are appear to do about the same job.

I believe it is not necessary to buy a paid product since they failed to make my systems any faster than the freeware solutions.

Users who don't make many changes to their system often like (installing and uninstalling software, deleting and creating files) can have a fast responding hard disks by just using Windows default defrag which is just a lite version of Diskeeper.

Users who do make a lot of changes to their system can benefit from using a third-party defrag application.

Thanks.:D