Problem uninstalling Yahoo Search and Search Protection (Spigot) Program

sjbw

Thread author
Sep 15, 2014
I must have inadvertently installed the Yahoo Search today!! I went to programs and attempted to uninstall the Search Protection (Spigot, Inc), but I get an error message which reads, "An error occurred while trying to uninstall Search Protection. It may have already been uninstalled. Would you like to remove Search Protection from the Programs and Features list?"

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    40.8 KB · Views: 461
D

Deleted member 21043

I know exactly how to remove this, however this thread should be over at the "Malware Removal Assistance" area where @TwinHeadedEagle helps people, therefore I shall not attempt to dominate his territory and will leave it down to him.

Thanks.

Reactions: Kent

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.