Programmer pwned by “Your computer has been blocked” virus (MoneyPak Scam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I’m ___ and from
North America
Age group
31 - 40
Last known PC infection
Fav. Web Browser
Mozilla Firefox
Fav. Mobile OS
Android
Fav. Desktop OS
Mac
Fav. Videogame
Herzog Zwei (Sega Genesis)

pdameasap

Thread author
Aug 10, 2014
I'm a web/network/3D programmer, and normally don't have much of a problem with malware, but recently I've quite obviously been pwned by:

“Your computer has been blocked” virus (MoneyPak Scam)​

Please see my open post in the Malware Removal Assistance forum when you have a moment, if you're one of those who might be able to help.

Thanks!

pdameasap

Thread author
Aug 10, 2014
Yes, sir, did do, but took a while to write the post.

Unfortunately, it being a complete lock, am unable to run anything on it, so what I'm able to provide in the way of logs, and readouts from various programs is limited.

I posted what I do have in the forum.

Hopefully I'm not SOL, but this is by far the worst infection I've ever seen, much less been personally involved in. I don't do this professionally, or anything, just help friends out, so... it's not like I see a lot, but... this isn't the first time I've had or removed an adware/malware infection.

Even so, this has been pretty humiliating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.