App Review Qihoo 360 Total Security 8.6.0.1140 - Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
H

hjlbx

LOL... by the time malicious URLs are posted on malc0de they are already at least a week to two weeks old... and the malicious files are just as old - if not older...

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
LOL... by the time malicious URLs are posted on malc0de they are already at least a week to two weeks old... and the malicious files are just as old - if not older...
I thought there was only one malicious thing, in this video : Qihoo :oops:
More seriously, that's right it could be nice to see Qihoo's behavior with recent sample (available in Malware Hub or another source).

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
From what I have seen in Malware Hub, it has good result :)
Signatures (Avira + Bitdefender excluded) are a bit week these days, but it does awesome against ransomware. However, there were files that managed to connect outbound regardless Qihoo intercepting for example autorun entries by the malware. Qihoo would be even better with an integrated firewall like Kaspersky & others do offer :)

Zerion

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
Signatures (Avira + Bitdefender excluded) are a bit week these days, but it does awesome against ransomware. However, there were files that managed to connect outbound regardless Qihoo intercepting for example autorun entries by the malware. Qihoo would be even better with an integrated firewall like Kaspersky & others do offer :)

I have been trying it with Avira + Bitdefender active, then its really good! :)

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I have been trying it with Avira + Bitdefender active, then its really good! :)
Absolutely! Worth it, do not notice the additional RAM usage, I use them on my other PC, also, with Security preset activated. For HUB testing, it is wanted to use stock settings only. Balanced mode does not offer the additional engines at the moment (cannot say for sure, as I upgrade on the fly, it keeps all settings).

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Der.Reisende @
As 360 is used by you I taught you would have interjected and talk about how this test seems wrong in so many ways,
1 when 360 is installed pup detection is off by default next a computer restart is a must for certain operation to function properly next he went through setting like balance,security and custom, and pick custom did you not find it strange that all of security settings was not shown but all of balance and custom was shown, then he proceeded to turn on Avira and Bitdefender engines manually in custom which isn't effective as when turn on by just going to security an press apply. Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
@Terry Ganzi For me, Vincent Test maxed out the settings, which will probably result in better Static detection.
Regarding the optional PUP detection, in the last months, I haven't come over much PUPs, but all in all, I wonder what the setting does, as signatures used to flag PUPs regardless of ticking the option.
Security preset will activate (and download on first run) both Avira and Bitdefender, and use them even if you deactivate them (as long as you don't turn off active protection).

I just had a glance on the test, I miss some final conclusion, e.g. detection in %, 2nd_opinion scans,...
I asked The PC Security Channel to do a review some time ago, still waiting.

@Felipe Oliveira Knocking on Wood, next to none FP, but aggressive HIPS regarding sensitive system intrusions.
But have to admit not changing so much on my PC, only surfing, hearing/watching music and movies and editing photos.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.