Qihoo Total Security v4.0

Product name
Qihoo Total Security
Pros
  • Very good detection, Low ram usage
CONS
Killwin modifies the Windows extensions, Qihoo has not blocked it (Small Detail)

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I'm not sure the inability to open .exe files is a small detail. If I saw correctly, 360TS failed to start after rebooting too. And there's always the question of whether those would be the same results of an actual machine instead of a VM. But nice test, thanks!

M

Manzai

Thread author
I was hoping for "Oh la la"

No ^^

Jaspion said:
I'm not sure the inability to open .exe files is a small detail. If I saw correctly, 360TS failed to start after rebooting too. And there's always the question of whether those would be the same results of an actual machine instead of a VM. But nice test, thanks!

I know that can not a small detail, but Killwin was coded by me to test proactive protection, Qihoo IS blocks Killwin, but not the TS version.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
No ^^

I know that can not a small detail, but Killwin was coded by me to test proactive protection, Qihoo IS blocks Killwin, but not the TS version.
I see. TS will probably keep improving. Hopefully they won't replace IS with it before it reaches at least the same level of protection. Thanks!

Reactions: Manzai

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Thanks for the quality tests manzai
Undoubtedly Qihoo, either version and Is mainly TS is a (if not) the best free solution on the market in my opinion.
Glad Url filter now works perfectly. My trial license expires 60 days Eset undoubtedly will go Qihoo or Emsisoft.
Unfortunately in my notebook Avira and Bit engines do not update automatically, I need to turn off and on again to operate in Vm.
What is the name of the song? wonderful
Carry with these tests, hug :)

Reactions: Manzai
M

Manzai

Thread author
Thanks for the quality tests manzai
Undoubtedly Qihoo, either version and Is mainly TS is a (if not) the best free solution on the market in my opinion.
Glad Url filter now works perfectly. My trial license expires 60 days Eset undoubtedly will go Qihoo or Emsisoft.
Unfortunately in my notebook Avira and Bit engines do not update automatically, I need to turn off and on again to operate in Vm.
What is the name of the song? wonderful
Carry with these tests, hug :)

Song :

;)

Reactions: Lailson

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Url filter is not working,despite extension being installed,can you post a screenshot of Url filter in action?

Circe

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 3, 2013
Spyware & Virus protection not registering in the security centre.

Reactions: Kent

Circe

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 3, 2013
You wrong. They fixed it before releses.
Try clean installing?
I have done, I don't know what the problem is. I have reported this issue to Qihoo. I like the program so I'll try again after next update.

Reactions: yigido

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.