Question about Webroot!

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

I have installed on my laptop, Kaspersky AV 2015, if i want to change it with Webroot is this a good think or not?

I tried Webroot 3 month's ago, it's seems very light but if want a good protection it's need to be conected to internet.

Any help is welcome!

Thanks!

M

MalwareT

Hi!

I have installed on my laptop, Kaspersky AV 2015, if i want to change it with Webroot is this a good think or not?

I tried Webroot 3 month's ago, it's seems very light but if want a good protection it's need to be conected to internet.

Any help is welcome!

Thanks!

I'd recommend you to leave KAV installed, because it's much better than Webroot.

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
For 4 years I use only Kaspersky, it's time for fresh air :)...i hope "no CO2 air":))

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Go with Kaspersky if you can only buy one, it uses conventional technology. If you can afford, though, you should/can actually run Webroot along with Kaspersky. Webroot has technology that auto-allows files when another AV quarantines due to its "wacky" technology of letting malware run, then blocking malware when it does something sinister and restore/rollback all actions the malware has done.
Comparison:

Installation: Kaspersky=20 minutes; Webroot=5 seconds (literally)
Detection: Kaspersky is better, technically, but webroot uses other tech
Prevention: Same as above ^^
Performance: Webroot by a long shot

Reactions: Game Of Thrones
D

Deleted member 21043

Hi there,
You mentioned having tried both (Kaspersky and Webroot). What you have to consider is which one you liked the most? Which one did you feel comfortable using? Did either one ever detect anything and protect you? Did malware ever slip in?

Think about what you want more. Do you want a lightweight program which can protect you from threats, or a more memory/CPU using program which can, technically, detect more than the lightweight one? If your looking for the lightest, Webroot is right in front of you. If you are looking for a better long term detection rate, possibly better malware cleaning as well for the price of less memory on your PC, go for Kaspersky. I would personally choose Kaspersky because I have 6GB DDR3 memory, and it won't slow down my system or use any RAM I need, because I barely use half my RAM usually...

Thanks! :)

Reactions: Task Killer
R

rocky

We used Webroot on my wife's laptop that she uses for banking for a year and never had any problems. I took it off to trial Kaspersky Internet Security and Emsisoft and ended up going with Kaspersky. As far as usability she says the laptop responded quicker with her money program with Webroot , where Kaspersky will make it hang once in awhile. That is the only difference she has noticed. With your two choices I don't think you can make a bad one.

Reactions: Game Of Thrones

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
you can have both of them without any problem , install webroot after kaspersky it will detect kaspersky and show the alerts about the threats that kaspersky miss.it's a companion av and you can run it along side another security software's.
i'm running kaspersky emsisoft and webroot along side each other for a long time and there is not any problem

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.