Ransomeware Websites and Weird Javascripts

finisnothere

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2014
Hi!
I was browsing the Web, searching for shortwave loop antennas, and I came across one of those ransomware pages, we all know them, except this one was a bit different, It had a script behind it, that made it full screen, but I actually couldn't get out of full screen, and I couldn't get to the taskbar, so I just did a ctrl alt del and closed ie.

So apparently they use javascripts to try and trap the user, but when I tried to visit the site today, it was gone. If I can find another site script like this, I'll tell you guys, but if you know anything else, could you reply?

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Was that website legit ?
If it was, then I guess it was hacked and someone did a RFI/LFI on the website to inject that code with the Ransomware. What was that Ransomware about ?

Reactions: Oxygen

finisnothere

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2014
It was a Cheshire police Ransomeware (ukash) and the website just had a picture of a dipole antenna on Google images, I can't find the same picture on images

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
i saw the FBI Ransomeware on a pop up and it was easy to remove by exiting out of it

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.