Rasmahtaz2037 ExpSys node 3 config

Rasmahtaz2037

Thread author
Mar 4, 2014
Ha, you should see my other rigs. This particular rig and its setup has served its purpose without a single issue, conflict or unintentional infection since 2008 when it was built so i'm happy. The only slowdown came from encryption which in newer rigs is replaced mostly with hardware encryption.

The setup for this particular OS came to be after an acquaintance and I did some pentesting

Last edited:

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
that's right.. as long as you feel secured and happy with your setup you don't have to change it.. thanks for sharing the config and welcome to MT..

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Also i'm surprised vista could handle this much..... as vista was the worst operating system ever.

D

Deleted member 178

LUA & LSP
Windows Firewall locked down
FW/SecSuite: Comodo w/ custom config
AV: Eset v7
Sandboxie
RegRun
SpyShelter
AppGuard

overkill and some parts may lead to conflict , why?

Windows Firewall: FW
Comodo FW = FW + HIPS + antilogger
ESET AV = AV + HIPS + antilogger
Spyshelter = antilogger + HIPS (both layers already covered by both ESET and Comodo)

you run 3 HIPS and 2 FW at same time, and even you select the "disable" button they are not really disabled , the drivers and hooks are still there.
Not saying appguard & sandboxie that does almost the same thing, but they are known to complement each other so i allow you this two.

my advice: totally uninstall ESET's HIPS less effective than comodo one), remove Spyshelter (useless in your setup), turn off Windows Firewall (you have comodo)

Reactions: Exterminator

Rasmahtaz2037

Thread author
Mar 4, 2014
Sorry for the delay. Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone and many thanks Umbra for the information. =)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.