Rod McCarthy config

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I went with this, so far so good. Uninstalled firefox it kept crashing, can't they just leave it alone...

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Make a choice between SecureAPlus and SpyShelter... it will go better for you...

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Make a choice between SecureAPlus and SpyShelter... it will go better for you...

Can u explain why. I thought one is a firewall and the other is strictly a white list.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Oh and should I disable the Win 10 firewall?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Can u explain why. I thought one is a firewall and the other is strictly a white list.

SpyShelter Firewall is not just a firewall. It has application white-listing as well. There is some duplication of function between SecureAPlus and SpyShelter Firewall. Consequently, it might require double configuration and\or you might have to respond to double alerts.

Anyhow, I looked at the SpyShelter site. They changed Restricted Applications to Sandbox...

so, with this change, it might work OK with SecureAPlus.

Just something to think about if you start to get double alerts. In my experience you are attempting to combine too many security softs... but that is just based upon my own personal experience.

It just might work well for you on your system and for you personally...

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Webroot and SecureAplus is an enough component to cover the concept of prevention measures considering one of them can handle whitelisthing technology.

However better yet either choose one between Webroot or SecureAplus to tie with Spyshelter.

Reactions: frogboy

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Please edit your config with more information.
WSA & Heimdal would be a good combination also.
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed
One or two more on demand scanners
Some type of back up solution
An additional browser

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
For a backup solution might i suggest Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a very good free version. ;)

Reactions: Sr. Normal
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.