Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Rollback RX coming up on boot screen.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
System Restore Windows (Failed)
Trying to remove it myself, however it is not listed in control panel as an program.
Searched my main C Drive for "Rollback" Did not find anything.

Any help?

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I had issues with Rollback RX on windows 8.1 64x, I uninstalled and it messed up my PC but I managed to make it work (old system restore snapshot). In your case, you need to edit the MBR, this way you will remove it from boot menu. The downside is, if you edit your MBR you need to activate your windows again.

Use everything to search, it's better. You can also use runscanner to remove stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

So to resume:

- you are not on Win10
- You tried installed it, then got BSOD before it finish installing.
- you failed a system restore via Windows System Restore
- you rebooted , saw RX boot screen , and when on desktop , no trace of RX anywhere (control panel, program file, etc...) , and no tray icon?

Reactions: Ink
Upvote 0

KokoKid

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
So to resume:

- you are not on Win10
- You tried installed it, then got BSOD before it finish installing.
- you failed a system restore via Windows System Restore
- you rebooted , saw RX boot screen , and when on desktop , no trace of RX anywhere (control panel, program file, etc...) , and no tray icon?

- I am on Win10, sorry if I made myself unclear
- Correct
- Yup. Tried it again, successfully, but it's still in the boot screen.
- Yeah, weird.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

- I am on Win10, sorry if I made myself unclear.

I knew it...
RX is not compatible at all with win10, and will destroy your system if you use it on Win10.

Try the method given above by @OpenSecLabs , if it fails, you are good to Backup your datas and reinstall Win10...

I hope RX didnt messed your MBR too much and made an hidden useless partition, if it does you may need a full HDD reformat...

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.