App Review safe1st Setup Prevention and Detection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
No, my connection is normal in the test. My upload speed is about 5-7 mbps
Theres possibility that Zemana server too :)
yes I understand your connection was working but there was a connection problem between your VM and zemana server. Not sure if it is the same between your main PC and zemana but this is definitely not good. This makes zemana weak and almost useless. pandora didnt work either :(

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
yes I understand your connection was working but there was a connection problem between your VM and zemana server. Not sure if it is the same between your main PC and zemana but this is definitely not good. This makes zemana weak and almost useless. pandora didnt work either :(

Ya I dont know, maybe bug or something...

Zemana AntiMalware uses cloud.
The disadvantage:
If you have an error or something between your system and zemana server..
but well, mostly Zemana did great on my test, i like this program ^^

P.S
Also that the my main reason Im not rely on cloud to save my files.

L

Lucent Warrior

Thank you for posting this test, as you ran many more samples then i did in my video where Zemana realtime did not speak up once. I had thought about the possibility it could be a server issue, except that the on demand portion of my test had no problem cleaning up the mess the realtime let in. It would be good to see this tested on a live system under SD to see if it is a flaw in their realtime response or a incompatibility with something in windows 10 that is triggering it not to respond. These samples above are not fresh, so the realtime should have had no issues detecting with signatures.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
This makes me feel very good about my config, its lite too but I use VoodooShield and HitManPro Alert
I have Zemana installed but it is disabled for now, in place of HitManPro
Great test Safe1st, always a pleasure to watch your content brother :)

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Thank you for posting this test, as you ran many more samples then i did in my video where Zemana realtime did not speak up once. I had thought about the possibility it could be a server issue, except that the on demand portion of my test had no problem cleaning up the mess the realtime let in. It would be good to see this tested on a live system under SD to see if it is a flaw in their realtime response or a incompatibility with something in windows 10 that is triggering it not to respond. These samples above are not fresh, so the realtime should have had no issues detecting with signatures.

Yes That what I was thinking...
But sorry, i dont do any test on main system :)
VM only
my main system and Vm use windows 10 anniversary update (latest build) 64bit

thank you @_CyberGhosT_

P.S
Im gonna retest Zemana AntiLogger alone also with more samples

L

Lucent Warrior

Yes That what I was thinking...
But sorry, i dont do any test on main system :)
VM only
my main system and Vm use windows 10 anniversary update (latest build)

thank you @_CyberGhosT_
It is the same on mine, im running windows 10 pro AU on both host and guest. I always perform preventive maintenance checks on my Lab before proceeding to do any testing to make sure all is working as should, as some cloud based products have in the past had connection issues with Vmware and their servers, these how ever when they happen are very apparent as they will not be able to update or scan. Ironically, in those tests where the main product was tested and having connection issues, Zemana on demand connected and worked just fine. I do believe this to either be a flaw in design or a compatibility issue with windows 10 and the realtime component.

L

LabZero

From this test I can see two things. First, Zemana is not as good as people think (the Pandora doesn't work, Cloud issues) and second, Windows Defender really good.
Malware and anti-malware tests performed under VM does not reflect the real situation.
The real physical system just for that is the ideal solution for running tests.
The restriction is for obvious reasons.

L

Lucent Warrior

From this test I can see two things. First, Zemana is not as good as people think (the Pandora doesn't work, Cloud issues) and second, Windows Defender really good.
If a product has issues, does not mean it is not "as good as people think" it means there is a problem that needs addressed and narrowing it down or helping/passing the info over to the company/vendor will help everyone. The fact that it is running many of the top engines, and the on demand portion almost always finds everything on the system, leads me to believe the product is not "terrible". :rolleyes:

I would venture to say, that one should not post comments like this unless there willing to fire up a VM and test products themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
hi @safe1st & @Lucent Warrior
could you please test zemana realtime protection (only) under your VMs and also real machine with these security checks? The files are completely safe but they must be detected by all AVs. If zemana cannot detect them, it means a fail. It is safe to test it on your real machines. If you can do it, it's very nice to verify the effectiveness of zemana

http://www.amtso.org/feature-settings-check-for-desktop-solutions/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.