Status
Not open for further replies.

LahiruRajinda

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
First of all, I'm not affiliated with Qihoo or any other AV developer.
This test was done on my personal computer without using a VM.

Test Info:
AV Version: TSE v6.6.1.1013
fE4VeYm.png

Protection Mode: Performance
ONDemand Scan from Right-Click Context Menu
Virus Samples: hxxp://mega.co.nz/#!M1g1jJIR!6FYbSSFUFF99Qythxq7V3U-dqTaO-g0GA_WzfmTwD6w
Thanks to Member SkyboundSteven

Test Results:

Without Internet Connection

• Both ON: 60/76 Phase2: 1/17
  • BD: 51/76 Phase2: 0/26
  • AVIRA: 56/76 Phase2: 1/21
  • Both OFF: 1/76 Phase2: 0/76

With Internet Connection

• Both ON: 70/76 Phase2: 1/7
  • BD: 70/76 Phase2: 1/7
  • AVIRA: 70/76 Phase2: 1/7
  • Both OFF: 70/76 Phase2: 1/7

Logs: http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/Egg1BILv/file.html

Conclusion:
It appears that 360 TSE is using Cloud Scan Engine by default over both BD & Avira engines when it's connected to the cloud. Results have also suggested that QVMII engine is able to detect 1/76 files and it's causing disturbance while removing the threats, which explains the Phase2 result.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
No testing by running the malware sample with 360 off, then trying to remove it with different engines on?

LahiruRajinda

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
No testing by running the malware sample with 360 off, then trying to remove it with different engines on?
I've tried disabling 360TSE instead of putting it on Performance mode, but that didn't change anything. It would appear that, currently, there is no way to disable the QVMII engine for an ON Demand scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.