Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 4, 2020

Download: Release Release v1.9.3 / 5.64.3 · sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie
Added

• added setting to disable overlay icons
  • added ability to specify sandboxie.ini location in registry
  • open "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SbieDrv" and set "IniPath" #2837
  • use a for the path like "??\C:\my_path\my_sandboxie.ini"
Changed
  • improved hadling of dll injection failure
  • updated polish translation (thanks 7zip)
Fixed
  • fixed issue with command lines #2858
  • fixed issue with always on top recovery windoe #2885

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

Running Ungoogled Chromium browser

Just installed SBP v1.9.3 and noticed that Adguard Browser Assistant (green icon) extension is not running when sandboxed. See 2nd and 3rd (error message) pictures below. Picture 4 below shows Adguard Browser Assistant is running

1684077687229.png

1684077926191.png

1684077997241.png

1684078325299.png

Any help?

Attachments

• 1684077839822.png
    1684077839822.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Also, Cookie AutoDelete extension NOT displaying the bottom right corner notification with sound when sandboxed. No error message here

1684079495709.png
the

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Is sandboxing a browser so tedious? Needs many clicks..........anyway to start faster?

1) Open SBP from right bottom bar
2) Select DefaultBox
3) Select Run
4) Click Run Program

1684080132145.png

5) Once Run Sandboxed opens need to browse to select browser
6) Click selected browser then it opens

1684080176814.png

I remember in the very much earlier version I just need to move my mouse to the browser on my desktop, right click on it and select Run in Sandbox and it'll open the browser. From the below picture it seems the option is no longer there when I right clicked on the Ungoogled Chromium browser. Those 2 sandbox items belong to my Avast Premium Sceurity.

1684080609008.png
ow

Last edited:

DavidXanatos

From Sandboxie Plus
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 4, 2020
Hello, sorry for the late answer was very busy these last few days....

Sandboxie+'s first start wizard should offer you to create a browser link on the desktop,
you can also create one manually using:
1684261879750.png

with this you can create a sandboxed link to anything and save it anyware you want.

Abotu the not working extensions, i'm not familiar with any of these, perhaps thay come with a desktop component which needs to be accessed, by opening IPC paths?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
1684332012516.png

After clicking on the above Chromium.lnk it shows the below desktop

1684332099531.png

And then I click on the Chromium icon in the above box and it says the Chromium.link shortcut created.

After that I went to the desktop and right click the Chromium icon and it shows the below

1684332464113.png

Clicking Show more options gives below

1684332558141.png

Where it say Run in Sandboxie Plus? What I want is just mouse to the Chromium icon on my desktop, right click and see Run in Sandboxie Plus and clicking on it will open the sandboxed Chromium browser. Avast's Run in sandbox is what I want of SBP.

As for the 2 Chrome extensions, Cookie AutoDelete and Font Fingerprint Defender, both are supposed to show a notification in the bottom right corner with sound when I switched websites. The extensions are working but the notification and sound are not there. As for Adguard Browser Assistant it's NOT working inside the sandbox.

Last edited:

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Where it say Run in Sandboxie Plus? What I want is just mouse to the Chromium icon on my desktop, right click and see Run in Sandboxie Plus and clicking on it will open the sandboxed Chromium browser. Avast's Run in sandbox is what I want of SBP.
You could force the browser to always open sandboxed. Then you only need to unsandbox it for updates.
I got a "Run sandboxed" option on rightclick 1.9.3, Win 11 22H2Untitled.jpg
When I click it the "default sandbox" is preselected and with another click the desired programm would run sandboxed. So it would be about 2-3 clicks in total.

Reactions: HarborFront

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Untitled2.jpg

If the picture doesn't help and you don't want to "force" the browser then I'm out of ideas sadly.
I never had problems with "run sandboxed" not showing but I just tried and for me the shell integration setting worked exactly as it stated.

Last edited:
Reactions: plat

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Yes, that's what I want. But it's not showing up in my case as can be seen in the above pictures. Running Win 11 22H2

I, as most certainly many others, have the same problem. Do us all a favor, post about it over at Wilders, i have, in the 1.9.3 thread.

As for a possible solution right now, open Sandman, in the at the top left item you find maintenance, go through that guide and it will recreate certain items and refresh that functionality. Then try to add it through the program. For me, i mostly get the Run Unsandboxed item, not Run Sandboxed.

• +Reputation
Reactions: plat

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Just installed SBP v1.9.3 and noticed that Adguard Browser Assistant (green icon) extension is not running when sandboxed. See 2nd and 3rd (error message) pictures below. Picture 4 below shows Adguard Browser Assistant is running
Did you ever had the "Adguard Browser Assistant" working with the adguard desktop app while the browser was sandboxed? I haven't used adguard desktop for quite some time but as far as I remember it the only way to get the Adguard Browser Assistant working was choosing "legacy"mode somewhere in the settings of adguard desktop app. I think the problem started 1-2 years ago and the only solution was the "legacy" mode. Atleast that is my memory from my problems with it from back then.
Try: Settings>Browser Assistent> check "Legacy Assistant"

Last edited:

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Not a good idea. We (David and I) want to give Sandboxie more exposure here in MT.

The more exposure everywhere is then good, right! Besides, do you mean more exposure here, at the cost of solving this guys problems?
Because fact is, he is more at Wilders then here.

But, as said, the more exposure the better so, do post at Wilders, ALSO!

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Did you ever had the "Adguard Browser Assistant" working with the adguard desktop app while the browser was sandboxed? I haven't used adguard desktop for quite some time but as far as I remember it the only way to get the Adguard Browser Assistant working was choosing "legacy"mode somewhere in the settings of adguard desktop app. I think the problem started 1-2 years ago and the only solution was the "legacy" mode. Atleast that is my memory from my problems with it from back then.
Try: Settings>Browser Assistent> check "Legacy Assistant"

Yes, the Adguard Browser Assistant is running fine when unsandboxed which I'm running with my Adguard for desktop

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
My last take on this.
do you mean more exposure here, at the cost of solving this guys problems?
That's a bit exaggerated of you.
When people start posting their problems then he will visit MT more frequently.
What I meant in my previous post is I want Sandboxie and if @DavidXanatos wants too, to gradually have more audience or users interacting here in MT. For this to happen they need to post about SBIE right here in MT not any other place. When David took over Sandboxie he began posting at Wilders cause that is the place were "gurus" like bo elam used or still use to assist new users or help long time users, resulting in a niche were Sandboxie got most attention and support. Well, I want that to happen here in MT. For that I said is a bad idea for users living in MT to post issues at Wilders, rest assured David will get here and assist them.
@DavidXanatos if you're reading this, publish new threads or topics you create at Wilders here in MT as well. Please.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The more exposure everywhere is then good, right! Besides, do you mean more exposure here, at the cost of solving this guys problems?

FI, i tried sbie+ long time back but faced many issues so I quit. Now after many upgrades I'm back to try again

If the simple issue of not having the easy opening of a sandboxed browser then sbie+ is not for me.

As to whether sbie+ thread here is for info-only then must ask @DavidXanatos. Or is he preparing to take questions here besides other places?

If it's the former then MWT should come out with a new section just for any TS to post for info-only threads with links to Q&A at other places.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.