Status
Not open for further replies.

Rus Anca

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Search engines that respects your privacy-market shares
Google, Bing, Yahoo - all major search engines can track your search history and can build profiles about you, serving different results based on search history. Try one of alternative search engines below if you tired of being watched.

We know that Google encrypts search traffic when you are logged in, preventing only interception by a third party network - but not prevent Google to follow you.

The list of search engines that you respect the privacy is as follows:

I. DuckDuckGo - search engine preferred and popularized by Anonymous hackers had tremendous growth especially from late last year until now. Launched in 2006 by Gabriel Weinberg, this search engine is becoming increasingly preferred over Google. If you are not yet convinced of the effectiveness of search engine DuckDuckGo, can this illustrated guide will make you change your mind forever.

II. Startpage - Founded by David Bodnick in 1998, the search engine ixquick's Startpage driver [results given by Google, it takes over and you send them, but does not use cookies, delete immediately IP addresses and does not keep the list of searches you do.

III. Ixquick - Being the main search engine used by the company that developed Startpage it gives you search results from multiple sources, which is the only difference from the Startpage.

IV. Blekko - Although you can not compare with DuckDuckGo, Startpage or ixquick is over Google, Bing or Yahoo in privacy protection. Created and launched in late 2010 by Rich Skrenta, Blekko store personal information only for 48 hours and then delete them completely. As a comparison, Google keeps for 9 months, then make them anonymous, but not completely erase them.

V. Ask.com - AskEraser AskEraser option is present on Ask.com, activating it (visit the link directly) means setting one cookie in the browser that you use, wiping the others initially present. List result will not be stored only in exceptional cases (only when there is a material error will be eliminated as storage solving the problem).

Recommended: To surf anonymously on the internet, try Tor Browser Bundle.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I was a user of DuckDuckGo until I discovered it sends your search queries through US based servers.

I've been using https://eu.startpage.com instead.

Personally I find the results from StartPage much better than DuckDuckGo as it grabs results from Google.

Used in conjunction with a no-log VPN based in EU and the right handful of Firefox add-ons to increase your web footprint / anti-fingerprinting.

Thanks.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.