Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Here is one suggestion by @MikeV

sap.png

D

Deleted member 178

ok i downloaded it , installing it. will give here realtime observations.

1- i see during install we can see several speed during initial scan, what are those different speed for? i feel the scan is very very slow, so i put "fast" , i suggest to set it on fast by default unless speeds have some purposes.

2- Offline Scanner is ClamAV, not the best choice, but maybe some financial reasons are behind this choice.

3-
xFAjnVx.png

4- the initial scan is way too long even set as Fast ! a big issue for me...in long term, it will put a toll on the HDD , had to stop it and remove SAP...

Reactions: void011

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
ok i downloaded it , installing it. will give here realtime observations.
1- i see during install we can see several speed during initial scan, what are those different speed for? i feel the scan is very very slow, so i put "fast" , i suggest to set it on fast by default unless speeds have some purposes.
2- Offline Scanner is ClamAV, not the best choice, but maybe some financial reasons are behind this choice.
4- the initial scan is way too long even set as Fast ! a big issue for me...in long term, it will put a toll on the HDD , had to stop it and remove SAP...

Hi @Umbra ,

Did you try their whitelisting ?

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
i think it was under settings > advanced.

the issue is the uber-slow scanning...it took ages to get like 1%...

Guess the uber-slow scanning got to with the 12 virus engine I believe. 12 engine is alot though.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Umbra: Exactly, seems that's a little hindrance especially their current version whereas the resource is something sacrifice upon your productive tasks due to ongoing background tasks.

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
Hi All,

We just released version 4.1.5 of the beta last week and marks the 3rd phase of our beta testing. Among the new things that are live with this update are:

New Settings section is now done and we've relocated a few things with the introduction of the new window design
- We are now using toggles or checkboxes for most of the tweakable settings
- Changes made are always saved as they are made. Goodbye "Save" button.
- We've added a new Notifications (under Others) to let people select where their notifications will appear), which is perfect if you use SecureAPlus with other Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware software that use the lower right for their prompts and notifications​

udXhV9D.jpg

New Info & licenses section
- Now allows account login from the client itself, which automatically adds your device to your account dashboard once done
- Diagnosis section provides for a convenient location to access your Log Folder. We intend to add more diagnostic features here in the future.​

tjKOtVj.jpg

New Initial Whitelisting Interface
- Better information and tips relevant to the initial whitelisting and scanning
- We think it's a lot less boring and intimidating too​

8ksPZn0.jpg

We hope that the people from MalwareTips like the changes and could give us further feedback. We have noted down comments and suggestions in this thread and rest assured that we are applying anything we can to improve the overall experience with the new UI and even some performance tweaks.

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
i think it was under settings > advanced.

the issue is the uber-slow scanning...it took ages to get like 1%...

Guess the uber-slow scanning got to with the 12 virus engine I believe. 12 engine is alot though.

The scan time is determined by a lot of factors, the biggest of which is the amount of files you have on your system. This is a part that we continually optimizing to improve the speed but an effective way of speeding this process up is by leaving the computer idle.

The scan automatically increases the maximum amount of CPU & RAM impact that your current speed allows (Fast uses up more system resources) when it detects no input from the user.

Conversely, actively using the PC throttles down the resources used in the scanning to the minimum amount of your current chosen speed (Slow uses up the least amount of resources to preserve PC performance while in use).

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Despite i registered on the official website, i can't download the product. It keeps loading and loading and never ends..

Reactions: CySecy825

truestampede

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 12, 2015
Hello Securaplus developers can you replace CLAM AV offline engine with ESET or AVIRA coz that will be much better

May be in the 5th version you people can add a firewall and name it SEcuraplus IS
These are all suggestion because i like your product very much

Hi scoob95. Thanks for your feedback. We get this a lot and we're working on it post-launch of the new user interface. There are multiple ways to approach this problem that we are considering so do look out for some further developments surrounding these concerns in the future.

I was forced to uninstall the product did to numerous bugs with it on my system. It's a pity, I was hopeful on it..

Can you elaborate further on the bug you found or share with us the link to the SecureAPlus forum thread where you posted them? It's unfortunate that you are encountering issues and we would like to resolve them if possible. Other users may also be having this problem so they're feedback might help us to resolve this faster.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Might one of the bugs with the beta version of SecureAPlus be that the notifier crashes quite often? This means that any new files that have not gone through before will be unable to run as there is no way to allow or deny files execution. This is why I went back to the stable version.

Norton Security does not seem to like the beta version. If you are running this combo, make sure to have Norton trust each file it flags while asking for network access. This may be the reason for the notifier crashes but I doubt it considering I ran the beta beside Norton often (the beta) and this never occurred until more recent versions of SecureAPlus beta.

Apart from that, SecureAPlus beta is much better in both performance and protection than the current stable version. Highly recommend.

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Can you elaborate further on the bug you found or share with us the link to the SecureAPlus forum thread where you posted them? It's unfortunate that you are encountering issues and we would like to resolve them if possible. Other users may also be having this problem so they're feedback might help us to resolve this faster.

Hello there mate, here is the link.

I know it has been answered today (or yesterday) and i'm looking forward to re-installing it to send you the asked logs. I just haven't had the time for re-installing it and testing it. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for your assistance so far.

Reactions: OokamiCreed
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.