App Review SecureAPlus - Test by Av Gurus

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Today finally found the time to test this interesting security program.
It is a program names SecureAPlus who has a lot of interesting settings.
Video test is divided into three parts (as usual ;)).
For those who do not have much time to watch these three short videos (total duration 20min), here are some good and bad things:

=== GOOD ===
- quick installation
- nice, clean and easy interface
- a lot of Cloud engine
- about 20-25MB RAM (idle)
- little occupation on HDD (about 90MB)
- cloud detecion (Synthetic test)
- boot time (after turning off ClamAV engine)
- good detection of the downloaded malware files from net
- blocking unknown malware with Virus Toatal help
- system is clean

=== BAD ===
- slow and long first full scan (17min on 12GB HDD)
- many processes (9)
- boot take 20sec longer (all engine)
- registry protection (Synthetic test)
- self defence
- phishing test 0/10 (0%)
- malware url 5/15 (33%)
- slow scan on malware folder (200 malware files - 6min)
- low detection 16/200 (8%)
- depending on VirusTotal results

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I`ve been waiting for someone to put SAP through the test mangle, great job AV Gurus.:D

I would have expected stellar detection results with all those top AV`s and the self protection seems lacking.

Some good points as well though but that Clam AV sure seems a bit of a drag on everything.

Overall a bit disappointing......but just a bit.

Regards Eck:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Av Gurus

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Thank you for the test review of SecureAPlus. Besides of the good point that it managed to detect those unknown malwares, I'm agree that there are things that SecureAPlus needs to improve.
There is something about self protection that I would like to clarify. SecureAPlus core engine, which is doing the most critical task, is not actually in those .exe files. What will happened when an untrusted malware try to run after those executable files get killed?
There is an exe that has a role to display a GUI to the user that usually will ask the user whether want to trust the untrusted application. In this case, since the exe has been killed, it can not prompt the user, but the engine is still running. It will still block those untrusted applications, but now of course without prompting.

Reactions: Av Gurus

Av Gurus

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
There is something about self protection that I would like to clarify. SecureAPlus core engine, which is doing the most critical task, is not actually in those .exe files. What will happened when an untrusted malware try to run after those executable files get killed?
There is an exe that has a role to display a GUI to the user that usually will ask the user whether want to trust the untrusted application. In this case, since the exe has been killed, it can not prompt the user, but the engine is still running. It will still block those untrusted applications, but now of course without prompting.

Thank you, that's very good to know i will sure test this ;).
Are you working in this company? Can you tell me from where is this program (Japan or...)?
Do you use something from Metascan (as it is written Member above)?

Just to say that I put this program on my PC with Windows 10 TP and it works without problems :).

Reactions: Logethica and sap

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.