GIGABYTE X670 Gaming X AX WIFI
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
GPU
ASUS TUF Radeon RX 6800XT 16Go OC
RAM
Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16Go DDR5 5200Mhz
Storage
4To (2 SSD MVNE / 1 SSD Sata 1To / 1 SSHD 1To)
PSU
be quiet ! Pure Power 11 FM - 750W
Case
Fractal Design Pop Air White TG Clear Tint
Monitor
Dell 32' 4K
Acer Nitro 32' WQHD
Keyboard and Mouse
Steelseries Aerox 5
Steelseries Apex 3 TKL
My computer protection
F-Secure SAFE
Voodooshield Pro

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Questions from an Acoustic Obsessive- Nice choice with the Be Quiet power supply. Does the fan run as silently as advertised? I was thinking about that one but went with Seasonic instead. Also on the Fractal case- are they using their own fans now (in the past they had Corsair's)? And if so are they running quiet at full power or do they have to be tweaked downward?

Thanks!

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I don't have a specific R7 7000X, I chose it because it's the range that supports DDR5 at AMD.
8/16 - 4.5 GHz (Base) 5.4 GHz (Boost)

For cooling, I put a Watercooling : MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R V2, 240mm
fwiw, my digitalstorm came with liquid cooling, worked ok until it didn't. replaced it with hi-tech fan $$$ and been running cool for years. :cool: Yours looks very nice! congrats!

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
PS I also very much like F-Secure SAFE & Voodooshield. Question ref VM. I had, or tried, VS in VMware Workstation win10 Guest and I had issues, which unfortunately I do not recall, and when I aksed Dan he did not want to get into it saying VS is not designed to work correctly in VM. Have you used VS in VM ok? I'm guessing yes since you may have tested it. If VS worked for you in VM, I'll it again. thanks!

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Questions from an Acoustic Obsessive- Nice choice with the Be Quiet power supply. Does the fan run as silently as advertised? I was thinking about that one but went with Seasonic instead. Also on the Fractal case- are they using their own fans now (in the past they had Corsair's)? And if so are they running quiet at full power or do they have to be tweaked downward?

Thanks!

The pc isn't here yet, since I ordered it yesterday 😉 as soon as it arrives, I'll test this on some big spots and let you know :)

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
PS I also very much like F-Secure SAFE & Voodooshield. Question ref VM. I had, or tried, VS in VMware Workstation win10 Guest and I had issues, which unfortunately I do not recall, and when I aksed Dan he did not want to get into it saying VS is not designed to work correctly in VM. Have you used VS in VM ok? I'm guessing yes since you may have tested it. If VS worked for you in VM, I'll it again. thanks!
VS works great in a VM, sorry I should have clarified. You and I were discussing registering VS in a VM, because it is difficult to obtain unique hardware ids in a VM. The only real issue is if you are going to run VS in a VM, you might have to go into the web management console and delete old devices, so no biggie.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
VS works great in a VM, sorry I should have clarified. You and I were discussing registering VS in a VM, because it is difficult to obtain unique hardware ids in a VM. The only real issue is if you are going to run VS in a VM, you might have to go into the web management console and delete old devices, so no biggie.
@danb, big thanks!! I now understand what you mean as I've seen "unique hardware ids in a VM" come up after that in another context. I do recall the licensing snafu which was all on me. If I had an issue with VS working correctly in VM, I totally do not recall. Whatever, some VM issues I was having months ago, I have cleaned up. In terms of stability and speed, this VM is indistinguishable from host. I'll install VS here, and send you a message. THANKS! :D

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@simmerskool just a question, does it pay to buy a Yubikey 5 and Yubikey Security Key as a backup? Thanks! I'm sorry @Shadowra use your post to ask @simmerskool I'm out of my mind to buy the Yubikeys.
Not sure how to reply "does it pay to buy a Yubikey..." I bought 2 Yubi 5 because gmail seemed to require 2 to use at google (gmail) the process would not complete (for me) with only 1 key. Is it worth it to use Yubikey. Not that many places use or accept Yubi 2fa. :( Google / gmail can use other 2fa methods. Probably not worth it given not used by many websites. Is the focus of my reply correct or do you want to restate question. You can PM me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.