Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Not so sure about Roboscan but otherwise your config looks OK. :)

Thanks for sharing. ;)

Reactions: yigido
S

sinu

Thread author
Roboscan has dual scan engines i.e bitdefender & tera engine
Capture.PNG
with inbuilt application firewall

Y

yigido

Thread author
Very good config.
I strongly recommend remove Advanced System Care! It brake PCs. The CCleaner is more than enough for junk cleaning. If you want more 3rd party software cleaning support, you can use CCEnhancer.
For registery cleaning you can use Wise Registery Cleaner. But no need for ASC.
Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: scot and saket

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Very good config.
I strongly recommend remove Advanced System Care! It brake PCs. The CCleaner is more than enough for junk cleaning. If you want more 3rd party software cleaning support, you can use CCEnhancer.
For registery cleaning you can use Wise Registery Cleaner. But no need for ASC.
Thanks for sharing :)
Yes i agree get rid of Advanced System Care as @yigido suggests.

Reactions: scot

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well optional suggestion to add another browser like Chrome and Opera in case of any problems to Firefox.

Since they are already mentioning on cleaning tools, you may add a defragmentation tool like Auslogics Disk Defrag for improving the HDD read/write performance.

Reactions: scot

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
Registry cleaners are very dangerous. They do more bad than the good and especially ASC is known to create lot of problems.
Other than that everything looks nice. Thanks for sharing your config.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Personally I think CCleaner is enough and at the very lest there is no need to have both wise care and ASC

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
just add one more browser and enable UAC.
good config bro;).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avast Antivirus Pro with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium (not PRO) is sufficient, although the latter is not required.

You already have enough on-demand scanners to give you a second opinion, about any downloaded file. Even with Lavasoft Ad-Aware Free Antivirus in Compatibility mode, it may have a negative impact on performance, waste of resources and download bandwidth.

I recommend to uninstall Ad-Aware Free Antivirus.

If you don't use the on-demand Adware scanner in Reason Core Security, you could downgrade to the core (and standalone) Anti-Adware protection of Unchecky, which uses minimal resources. Reason Core will run in the background, unless manually closed.

I disagree about installing another web browser, as you have Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer (if enabled).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Likely consider a system image backup or snapshot of your system (Rollback RX Home) for easy to revert changes.

I assume you use VM for testing malware samples, other than that seems pretty fine.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.