SkyJP's Laptop Security Config

DoxThis

Level 3
Verified
Apr 25, 2015
Good setup, Also all those vpn providers keep logs etc. I recommend one with no logs check out torrentfreak.com on vpn providers hat are fast and dont keep logs *I am not supporting piracy just privacy*

Reactions: scot and LabZero

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Terrific configuration, such a very simple and applicable as a Comsci Student. ;) (one realtime is enough at all)

Reactions: scot and LabZero
S

SkyJP

Thread author
Update :

Uninstalled BatteryBar, caused explorer.exe to crash

Uninstalled Adguard, had perhaps a filtering problem where the speed of a download would drop to 0kbps and never increase (but good software overall)

Uninstalled Defraggler

Uninstalled Freedome

Installed HerdProtect

Uninstalled Emsisoft IS 10 (extended referral trial). Extremely good overall while I had it, especially in v10.

Bought ESET Smart Security 8 (1 year, 1 pc). Had to quickly configure it twice before that creepy robot face would be permanently carved in my mind. Used it for less than a week, only downside for my experience is the awkwardness of using the advanced setup (please UAC...).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: YuanJiawj
S

SkyJP

Thread author
August 2015 Monstrous Update:

- Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (x64) then "reset" (clean install...ish)

- Transferred all personal files to a 700GB partition (remaining 215GB for Windows 10 and software).

-- No longer using Google Drive (now using OneDrive with 30GB permanently free + 200GB temporarily free)

--No longer using Google Chrome as main browser, now using Cyberfox (x64 intel) and also Microsoft Edge (more consistent performance and little worry for privacy)

+ Reinstalled Adguard (network issues no longer persist)

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.