Sloth's Config

Sloth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
I have very good knowledge of PC hardware and I've been build PC's for myself & others since 2004. So if you want help with building PC's, then just tag me in your thread.

But I'm a bit rusty on the windows knowledge, especially on the security side because I have been using only Linux for the past 6.5 years.

I don't visit any malware sites and usually visit tech/gaming related sites. So I think this security config is enough.

Please post if you have any recommendations or suggestions. Thanks.

PS:
Hardware config.
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t + 8GB RAM + GTX 970 4GB

DNS
Currently using OpenNIC as OpenDNS is not exactly "open" anymore. RIP OpenDNS.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since you are not visited on those malware sites then you're setup is very fine through many years to come.

You may consider a little trim dowb to your setup to save time. ;)

Reactions: JM Safe and Sloth

Sloth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
Whatever :p If you encounter a disaster copy paste won't save you ;)

Yes I know right. :p I don't care if windows fails to boot because I enjoy reinstalling as it gives me a fresh copy which will be fast. Also I've doing that copy paste for backup for the past 8 years and it has worked well for me. :D

Since you are not visited on those malware sites then you're setup is very fine through many years to come.

You may consider a little trim dowb to your setup to save time. ;)

Little trim down? I don't understand. What do you mean?

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, your config is very nice and complete.
Only a thing: I suggest you to install Collusion extension which allows you to know which websites
are tracking you. Thanks for sharing it ;) ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.