Troubleshoot slow download on Windows 10

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I had upgraded to Windows 10 through Windows update all went well and pc was running good, I decided to do a clean install just to get a fresh start and lose all the junk I had accumulated. Now when I am downloading a program for example it is so slow but surfing is very fast, speedtest has me at 60mbps, any thoughts? Windows may have nothing to do with this but it's the only think different. Thanks.

L

LabZero

The reasons may be different.

Download depends on the server to which you are connected, and vary of course depending on what you're downloading.

Did you check if the network card drivers are up to date?

Windows 10 just installed, generates a lot of network traffic due to constant updates and this certainly limits the bandwidth available to other downloads.

Reactions: Then
Upvote 0

Sloth

Level 5
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
Yes, some other users are also reporting network issues with Win10.

Did you update Windows & apply all the available patches?

Upvote 0

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
You checked by any chance the sharing method in Updates? theres a post about it here in MT

Upvote 0

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Everything is up to date all update settings are no sharing, all drivers are the newest, will see how it goes, maybe a temporary glitch, thanks.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.