Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi i'm using win 8 os on my pc. It was all running well until 2 days back. When i installed uxthemepatcher and installed third part themes, it was running well, i faced some slow startup issue with my system so i taught of uninstalling and uninstalled it. It asked for a reeboot, performed the operation but after system got shut down, the boot logo of win 8 appeared then a blank screen! nothing happened after that. Computer was not booting, then i performed a system restore, then computer was able to boot, again i tried to uninstall uxt-patcher and selected to restart manually. cleaned the reg and rebooted, restart was taking very long again , some blue screen came and again restarted itself then the bott was successfull. From past two days my sys is booting 2 times after shutdown. can any one help me to fix it.?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Which website did you download and what program version? Did you check you downloaded the correct version for Windows 8 or 8.1?

If the program cannot undo the changes, you can run the SFC.exe (System File Checker) in Windows.
If for some reason you have patched a file and have noticed issues you can run the System File Integrity app by running Command Prompt as administrator (start -> all programs -> accessories [right-click]Command Prompt). Once run, type sfc /scannow and it should revert any changes system files back to default.
From SevenForums.com

Reactions: Purshu_Pro
Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Which website did you download and what program version? Did you check you downloaded the correct version for Windows 8 or 8.1?

If the program cannot undo the changes, you can run the SFC.exe (System File Checker) in Windows.
From SevenForums.com
well i'm not sure frm which website, but i belive the version is v2.xx

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Check your browser history, but to revert the changes run System File Checker tool.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've used the same one before, but never experienced any issues. I did however, disable and exclude the application from my Antivirus. Did you notice anything from Bitdefender, or which ever security product you're running?

Edit: The site has an FAQ and email for further problems.

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
no i didnt experience any problem with my ESET SS product.
well i have completed my scan which u told its states as

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.

The system file repair changes will take effect after the next reboot.

what should i do now?

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Reboot your PC.
fine thanks, i have rebooted my pc now it has done some configuration in updates. what should i do now?
after restart it went well. I tried it by shutting down completely, and boot it freshly now my problem is reflecting with an error , it says, ur pc need to be restarted, error called as DRIVER POWER FAILURE with :( smiley. BSOD

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Koroke San That program is ad-supported (according to link) and changes your homepage.

@purshupro Did you try Googl'ing the error code and see what's the cause?

Upvote 0

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Reactions: Koroke San
Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@Koroke San That program is ad-supported (according to link) and changes your homepage.

@purshupro Did you try Googl'ing the error code and see what's the cause?
ya i did but no resolution found!:(
when i checked in device manager some 3 drivers have (!) mark over them. so what should i do?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.