Strange page of text upon loading webpages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimboombafoo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
Hi, so 2-3 months back I started getting this random page of text that would pop up (it's not a seperate page, it just happens on the browser page) for about 1 second (it's literally that quick) after going to a webpage or refreshing one every once in a while (maybe a couple times a day if that)..it covers the entire webpage and it just looks like a white page with black text with random letters/numbers covering the whole page. After about a second it vanishes and the page loads as normal...now it stopped doing this for a few weeks and then came back about a month ago...but now it only shows up when I'm on facebook and only when I'm on one of my two accounts...it doesn't show up on any other website now and it doesn't show up when I'm on my main facebook account...only my alternative one. It literally pops up and disappears so quickly I don't have time to examine it or screenshot it. I use Chrome and run the ghostery and adblockplus addons...however, when I disable them the problem remains. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. Does anyone have any idea what this is or how to fix it? I tried to look up the problem but can't find anything. Thanks so much.

Edit: I downloaded Opera to see if it happened on a different browser..and it is.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @Zimboombafoo. Whenever I have encountered unfamiliar pages which have randomly appeared, a replacement of my home page, or random redirects, I have felt something was seriously wrong. Although your momentary appearance of the white page with black characters does not sound like anything I've witnessed, the behavior is certainly very suspicious and worthy of your concern. That said, you've narrowed it down to it's appearing only on your alternate Facebook page. The first order of business then is to secure your information on Facebook. An article I'd read posted here, and shared, here was written by an author whom writes about online security and also agreed to engage in an experiment in which a team of benevolent hackers would try to infiltrate her system. The Facebook vulnerabilities, which these good guy hackers initially attempted, did not allow them to get any closer as she'd hardened her Facebook security by limiting those allowed to see her information to "only friends". Long story short, even though she knew someone was attempting to infiltrate her private information, she was not safe from their eventually getting through. This occurred by way of an e-mail image. The journalist did not even have to <click> anything. Simply opening the email which held a tiny photo image was enough to allow capture of a fingerprint to her system. I do not have to be an expert to urge you to consider the facts you've shared.
  1. The symptom continues to happen.
  2. It occurs on only one Facebook account.
  3. You wonder, as would I, "what can be done?"
For expert assitance, begin a new thread here http://malwaretips.com/forums/malware-removal-assistance.10/
and request assistance. Even if you simply <cut> and <paste> what you've written here, it is a beginning. Soon after, you shall receive instructions from one of the malware removal experts here on MT which I am confident can remedy your problems. Good luck!:)

Last edited:

Zimboombafoo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
I made a thread there and Twin Headed Eagle helped me out but then some other guy started posting in my thread and Twin Headed Eagle removed his posts and moved the thread to another section. I'm confused about what happened?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I made a thread there and Twin Headed Eagle helped me out but then some other guy started posting in my thread and Twin Headed Eagle removed his posts and moved the thread to another section. I'm confused about what happened?
What happened was, most likely, Mr. Eagle's action to keep your focus upon the assistance provided specifically for you. The expert malware removers are voluntary staff whom have a method with a formula for success.;) After I'd joined MT, I'd followed (mistakenly) the thread for someone else before Twin Headed Eagle explained I'd need to start my own thread.:confused: suffice to say, I was confused too. ..but what more can I say, ..I was new!:p:D

Now, more to the point. After your thread was placed elsewhere, my hope is that you were able to coordinate with he and his instructions for malware removal, and took beneficial steps to ensure your system has been healed.:):)

Reactions: Exterminator
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.