Sven's Stable Config

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Sven. How could I have missed your "Stable" configuration with integrated "Common sense" until now..?o_O :p
Like tallorder, I truly liked your configuration & software choices, and am also a Cyberfox x64 user in it's portable form.:)

As Chrome is your secondary browser option, I'll share how I set it to repel
3rd party cookies:
  1. From Settings scroll to the bottom >> Show Advanced settings...
  2. Under Privacy choose >> Content Settings... >> Cookies >> mark the box "Block third party cookies & site data"
  • Additionally, I choose "Keep local data only until you quit browser"
*Optional for added privacy: Browse using "Incognito", but only allow your most common sense extensions!;)

I liked that you have SelfDestructingCookies extension. How does one tweak it? I ask because I've just let it go.:rolleyes:

Lastly, maybe Sandboxie would possibly be a good butter for your bread too!!:D www.sandboxie.com

Reactions: tallorder

Sven

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Hello @Cats-4_Owners-2 , thank you for this intense, yet senseful and awesome reply!:) I'll surely use this steps on my Chrome, which is still my second choice. (due to my Android phone)
Am deeply sorry for the misperception there, the [tweaked] part was for Cyberfox settings, not for the extension. I'll edit it ASAP. :)
Hmm, I've used Sandboxie long time ago, but I felt that I was not "that much" into browsing and downloading, so uninstalled it.
But if you want to change my opinion about it (if you feel that I should use it), I am here with eyes wide open, and have my chakras fully awaken :D :)

Thanks again for your consideration :)
Cheers!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.