SysWOW64 malware

CN235

Thread author
Jul 2, 2015
I would really like to know how this thing reappeared after all the steps I took to do a clean reinstall. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    21.3 KB · Views: 11
  • aswMBR.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 8
  • FRST.txt
    25.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Rkill.txt
    2 KB · Views: 9
  • AdwCleaner[R2].txt
    875 bytes · Views: 12

CN235

Thread author
Jul 2, 2015
Thank you for your quick reply. I do not have any issues I am aware of, and I'm seeing no ads in Chrome, but I don't know if this malware is doing anything in the background, or if my computer is now part of a botnet. Also, I have installed only Win 7 on this partition, along with Avast, MBAM, RKill, etc, but I have already used 25.5 GB of my partition. Is there any way to recover any of this space or to know which files can be deleted? Thank you.

CN235

Thread author
Jul 2, 2015
Thanks for the info on my system being clean. That is a relief. Is there any chance I am spreading malware to others as part of a network? Do you have any idea how this sysWOW64 folder appeared on my supposedly clean reinstall? Is it a part of Win 7 Pro? My comment about recovering space is that I have a partition with 65 GB of usable space, and I have only installed Win 7 plus all important updates, and Chrome. I have not installed MS Office, or any other software, but just that has consumed 38 GB of space and left me only 27 GB free. I don't understand how Win 7 can take almost 40 GB by itself, so I'm wondering if, even though my system seems clean, if there are leftover files I can safely delete. Thank you very much for your help.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.