TechHelper's Config

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Try adding chrome extension like AdGuard and Disconnect.
And about backup, you can try windows in-built backup solution, then Macrium or Paragon both in their free versions to have a full system backup, and always have a cloud account to save just your important files and be sure to never lose them! :)

Did you think about replacing your RealTime AV when trial will expire?
Will you go on free or pay AV? There are lots of free and good solutions, just tell us your needs :D

Reactions: TechHelper

TechHelper

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 21, 2014
And about backup, you can try windows in-built backup solution, then Macrium or Paragon both in their free versions to have a full system backup, and always have a cloud account to save just your important files and be sure to never lose them! :)

Did you think about replacing your RealTime AV when trial will expire?
Will you go on free or pay AV? There are lots of free and good solutions, just tell us your needs :D
Awesome thanks for you reply! I'm going to try AdGuard now and check out windows backup. I have a full lifetime license of Vipre Antivirus that a relative bought me. Is it a good antivirus in exchange for avast?

for backup & recovery : try AX64 Time machine B)
Cool, will check it out. Thanks for your input!

Last edited by a moderator:

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
You might also want to try K9 Web Protection.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You can give Vipre a try and see how you like it and can always go back to Avast.Thanks for sharing your config :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Avast is very good and the fact that it is free is even better.Avast & Avira are 2 very good free programs.Windows Firewall is good also combined with one of these as well as enabling UAC.common sense while online,downloading & installing programs goes a long way also.
Sandboxie is another great free program to help you keep your machine infection free.

TechHelper

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 21, 2014
Avast is very good and the fact that it is free is even better.Avast & Avira are 2 very good free programs.Windows Firewall is good also combined with one of these as well as enabling UAC.common sense while online,downloading & installing programs goes a long way also.
Sandboxie is another great free program to help you keep your machine infection free.
Great I value this advice. I have a sandbox feature on avast, can I use this instead of sandboxie?

TechHelper

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 21, 2014
I've installed both but it seems that all of the extensions I have are slowing my browser. Is there a way I could have one without the other. Disconnect seems to be performing way way better.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.