Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
COMODO Internet Security Premium 10 (Custom Setting), MCsheild, unchecky
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger Premium, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Hitman pro
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Ghrome ( IDM Integration Module,ZenMate Security, Privacy & Unblock VPN, uBlock Origin,Canavas)
Maintenance tools
Process Lasso, Wisecare 365, Kerish Doctor and ccleaner
File and Photo backup
Beyond Compare 4
System recovery
Acronis True Image 2016 (usb)

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Auslogics vs Defraggler :confused:

qzq7lv.jpg

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
I would personally rely on Auslogics Disk Defrag than Defraggler. :]

Agreed!
If you want further control O&O is also very good!!:)

Thats happen after defragging and optimize " C" Partition with prefetch layout by Auslogics then analyze it with defraglgler , even when trying to defrag these 12% fragmantation by defraggler ,it still on 12% also by boot defrag

Reactions: Logethica

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Thats happen after defragging and optimize " C" Partition with prefetch layout by Auslogics then analyze it with defraglgler , even when trying to defrag these 12% fragmantation by defraggler ,it still on 12% also by boot defrag
I use O&O!!>>You can try a free trial.
Try this:
Normally, on a new install with all new software and everything installed:
"Space" defrag on all drives with a reboot in between.
"Offline" defrag on all drives.
Complete "Name" on each drive with a reboot between.

PS:This will take some time depending on how many programs/files are on you system

I use this process on my gaming rig!!

Hope this helps:)

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
I use O&O!!>>You can try a free trial.
Try this:
Normally, on a new install with all new software and everything installed:
"Space" defrag on all drives with a reboot in between.
"Offline" defrag on all drives.
Complete "Name" on each drive with a reboot between.

PS:This will take some time depending on how many programs/files are on you system

I use this process on my gaming rig!!

Hope this helps:)

thnx venustus for reply and info, it was long time since i used O&O :D
I Installed O&O on my machine and this the pic of fragmentation between O&O vs Defraggler vs auslogics

kexi4y.jpg

33m9xqr.jpg

I will Follow your tips for defrag and return with result ;)

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I use defraggler and yeah there is lot of variation in showing precise fragment level for O&O, Auslogics etc, one program uses a particular algorithm to rearrange files to reduce frags on future writes or some follow defragging existing frags w/o looking into future fragmentation.
If you love to experiment run defraggler in safe mode and perform defrag. You'll observe faster defrags. Firstly, perform free space fragmentaion ( allow fragmentation ), secondly perform full defrag and lastly do a couple of reboots.

I

illumination

I would like to hand you a tip if I may.. Before your next defrag, create a new restore point, and delete all of the other ones still present, then defrag, and let me know the result.

Make sure everything on your system is good to go before deleting the other restore points.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
thnx venustus for reply and info, it was long time since i used O&O :D
I Installed O&O on my machine and this the pic of fragmentation between O&O vs Defraggler vs auslogics

kexi4y.jpg

33m9xqr.jpg

I will Follow your tips for defrag and return with result ;)
Indeed, and thank you!!:)

I would like to hand you a tip if I may.. Before your next defrag, create a new restore point, and delete all of the other ones still present, then defrag, and let me know the result.

Make sure everything on your system is good to go before deleting the other restore points.

Good points:)
Furthermore, delete all Temp files and Recycle Bin on your system defore a defrag!!;)

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014

It increases disk space after defrag, right? That's the reason i defrag my disk using MiniXP or safe mode w/ N/w. Most of the time I prefer linux.

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Updated:

Removed :
- Eset NOD32
- Macrium reflect ( no need while using Acronis True Image 2016 on USB)

Added:
- Eset Smart Security
- Zemana antimalware (Portable)

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
back to CIS :), although I've notes on its development process and the way they dealing with bug. but only few program make me feel safe such as Comodo, Appguard, NoVirusThanks EXE Radar and Rehips.

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Update:

Removed:
- CIS ( make trouble while syn data to external HD because of file source tracking and little slowdown at startup)

Added:
- Rehips (isolation mode) " can't wait v. 2.2 "
- enabled WD

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.