App Review The Importance Of Comodo's Script Analysis

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
cruelsister

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks for another great vid about Comodo CS. I've never used Comodo in my life but always watched your vids about it either it's a test or a review/configuration.
been some time I wanted to ask you this question hope you don't mind me asking this in public tho.

Do you see yourself as a Comodo fangirl? the question is on my head because simply I've never seen you complain about Comodo like their other users do( at least in your vids, cuz those are I watch mostly ) never mentioned their bugs that everyone talking about on their forum or here at MT, I can only imagine as someone who has kinda a voice in the community how could you impact the Comodo development or atleast raising the voice about their bugs that has been there forever.

It is kinda sad to see you not interested in pointing bugs to the Comodo ( however I don't know you might be doing so in private and be in touch with them ), because during these years I've seen only a few quality Comodo users. most of them are just fanboys that like to play the paranoid-user role and just enjoy the HIPS and options of Comodo software give them to play with. been checking the thread on Comodo forum that is about announcing the 2024 Beta, their users literally talking about how detection fails in one or two scenario on Youtube or something It's like they already forget or just don't care how buggy is the software itself and it needs huge improvements in development, protection failures is something normal but reporting them in a beta program that is there for another purpose is another level of failure I'd say.

Maybe with such users, they deserve such a bad developed software.( not pointing to you obviously)

well if you read, thanks for reading.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

For me three things make CruelSister's videos the best out of the youtube channel testers.

1. She EXPLAINS with notes what she is going to show. Which make the videos really outstanding (y)(y)(y)
2. The MUSIC. Cruels Sister choice of accompanying music makes the videos by themselves worthwhile to play (y)(y)
3. Cruel sister often CHANGES malware a little. Often leading to (an amuzing) collapse of products with overmarketed claims (y)

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Thanks for another great vid about Comodo CS. I've never used Comodo in my life but always watched your vids about it either it's a test or a review/configuration.
been some time I wanted to ask you this question hope you don't mind me asking this in public tho.

Do you see yourself as a Comodo fangirl? the question is on my head because simply I've never seen you complain about Comodo like their other users do( at least in your vids, cuz those are I watch mostly ) never mentioned their bugs that everyone talking about on their forum or here at MT, I can only imagine as someone who has kinda a voice in the community how could you impact the Comodo development or atleast raising the voice about their bugs that has been there forever.

It is kinda sad to see you not interested in pointing bugs to the Comodo ( however I don't know you might be doing so in private and be in touch with them ), because during these years I've seen only a few quality Comodo users. most of them are just fanboys that like to play the paranoid-user role and just enjoy the HIPS and options of Comodo software give them to play with. been checking the thread on Comodo forum that is about announcing the 2024 Beta, their users literally talking about how detection fails in one or two scenario on Youtube or something It's like they already forget or just don't care how buggy is the software itself and it needs huge improvements in development, protection failures is something normal but reporting them in a beta program that is there for another purpose is another level of failure I'd say.

Maybe with such users, they deserve such a bad developed software.( not pointing to you obviously)

well if you read, thanks for reading.
Thanks for the post! I guess I could be considered a FanGirl as I have no affiliation with Comodo, but even so I’m not a dope. Over the years I’ve been involved both with writing malware (with Governmental approval) as well as taking part in Post Motem analysis of Enterprise breaches. And the one thing I’ve learned is that trust in any Anti-Malware product can only be had with prolonged use and aggressive testing. Assuming that a product that worked well last year or has high praise from others is insufficient evidence for me.

So ss I use it on my system as the sole anti-malware application, I am compelled to constantly attempt to breach it with in the Wild stuff as well as things coded by my nasty cat Ophelia. To date there has been no joy as CF continues to yawn at every attempted attack (The issue that the poster had on Comodo Forums about a potential bypass prompted this video; it was resolved easily enough by a user not turning off protection that is enabled by default). I certainly have not had such an experience with tradition AV’s, any HIPS, or a combination of the two- bypassing such is barely an inconvenience.

Over the years it became clear that Containment is the way to go- although something like Sandboxie, which has a superb sandbox, is limited in that it is really on-demand for certain things some of the time while in contrast, the Comodo Sandbox (Containment) is on access which suits a preoccupied click happy person like myself. The elegance of the CF package (Sandbox, FW, Script Analysis. File Rating) is such that things like Worms, Scriptors, Ransomware, or whatever present no issue. Even legitimately signed AND counter signed file are no viewed as benign until Comodo rates them as such.

But the one thing that saddens me is that Comodo for some reason attracts Trolls in abundance. Just like Climate Change and COVID, repeating the unsubstantiated over and over makes it true for those not truly informed. Perhaps that’s why I have a million (or so) Comodo videos on my channel. The truth sets one free (and safe from malware).

(was this a rant? Apologies in advance if it was…)

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

@cruelsister, the perfect finishing touch to your Comodo videos! :)
"The moment has arrived for the divine warriors to make their grand entrance, adorned in their resplendent armor and brandishing their celestial weapon, known as FanGirl!"

Last edited by a moderator:

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Great video! Looking forward to next stable release though I am experimenting with CF 8012 again on my Win11 laptop. It's a production machine so will wait for latest to come out of beta before testing that version it further.

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Thanks for the post! I guess I could be considered a FanGirl as I have no affiliation with Comodo, but even so I’m not a dope. Over the years I’ve been involved both with writing malware (with Governmental approval) as well as taking part in Post Motem analysis of Enterprise breaches. And the one thing I’ve learned is that trust in any Anti-Malware product can only be had with prolonged use and aggressive testing. Assuming that a product that worked well last year or has high praise from others is insufficient evidence for me.

So ss I use it on my system as the sole anti-malware application, I am compelled to constantly attempt to breach it with in the Wild stuff as well as things coded by my nasty cat Ophelia. To date there has been no joy as CF continues to yawn at every attempted attack (The issue that the poster had on Comodo Forums about a potential bypass prompted this video; it was resolved easily enough by a user not turning off protection that is enabled by default). I certainly have not had such an experience with tradition AV’s, any HIPS, or a combination of the two- bypassing such is barely an inconvenience.

Over the years it became clear that Containment is the way to go- although something like Sandboxie, which has a superb sandbox, is limited in that it is really on-demand for certain things some of the time while in contrast, the Comodo Sandbox (Containment) is on access which suits a preoccupied click happy person like myself. The elegance of the CF package (Sandbox, FW, Script Analysis. File Rating) is such that things like Worms, Scriptors, Ransomware, or whatever present no issue. Even legitimately signed AND counter signed file are no viewed as benign until Comodo rates them as such.

But the one thing that saddens me is that Comodo for some reason attracts Trolls in abundance. Just like Climate Change and COVID, repeating the unsubstantiated over and over makes it true for those not truly informed. Perhaps that’s why I have a million (or so) Comodo videos on my channel. The truth sets one free (and safe from malware).

(was this a rant? Apologies in advance if it was…)
I have never used commodo do to personal bias reasons regarding Malih. But I was wondering if one can use its powerful containment system without installing any other cra/stuff? Can it run along let say ESET? And how resource hungry is the CF containment?

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Yup, too many getting their news from trashy social media sites and Fox News.
I for one am pissed at myself! I could have been a millionaire! I mean creating a video conference startup akin to Teams but calling it COrporate VIDeoconferencing would have been amazing! "Please install COVID on your desktop in order to join the meeting! "

"Please scan all attachments that are being shared. There have been rumors that people were sending viruses through COVID'

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I have never used commodo do to personal bias reasons regarding Malih. But I was wondering if one can use its powerful containment system without installing any other cra/stuff? Can it run along let say ESET? And how resource hungry is the CF containment?
you can install only CF and run it with ESET (I'd suggest Nod32 -- let CF handle the firewall).

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

My recommendation is to install Comodo Firewall (CF) and not use any third-party antivirus. Disable Defender as well. With CF, you get Cloud AV, which offers adequate protection. Since you’re new to it, I suggest trying CF alone to see if it meets your needs. (I disable the Windows Firewall also because CF doesn’t manage it or turn it off.)

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
My recommendation is to install Comodo Firewall (CF) and not use any third-party antivirus. Disable Defender as well. With CF, you get Cloud AV, which offers adequate protection. Since you’re new to it, I suggest trying CF alone to see if it meets your needs. (I disable the Windows Firewall also because CF doesn’t manage it or turn it off.)
IIRC @cruelsister said you can leave windows firewall ON with CF, makes no difference. As for CF with no AV...? not sure MD impairs CF or the system, and MD may add some protection :unsure:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.