Mini Spy

Latest Threads

The mystery behind Shadow Defender's original developer "Episode 2 : The Return"

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Umbra Polaris, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Umbra Polaris

Umbra Polaris Testing And Review Expert MalwareTips Staff

ok,

So for people who didn't follow the story:

1- Tony as he was called, is the original developer of Shadow Defender until V.326

2- he suddenly disappeared from the scene without any infos to the forum mods then shows no sign of life. some thought he may be dead.

3- Shadow Defender v.331 appeared from nowhere under the banner of a chinese company, most users and forum mods think it may be a rogue or malicious version and therefore didn't recommend to use it.

4- The forum was not under control anymore since the mods don't have all admin rights, it become targets of spammers of all sort.

5- the last mod ("SDdmod" aka Patrick) stopped monitoring the forum. and now become active only on Wilders.
    trying sometimes to contact Tony or anyone to get some answers about the v.331.

Now the story take a new path !

6- SDmod sent an email (in case of) to have some explanations; and suddenly got an answer after months of silence. !

7- Tony (real or not?) may be in fact chinese and claim the next version of Shadow defender will be Win8 compatible.

to be continued ...

:D

Note: I have to admit since i am a fervent user of Shadow Defender, that story give me good times, feel like a good novel ^^
  2. Spirit

Spirit Regular Member

Now I know why Polaris have turned into Corporation because sometime all power in individual hand is dangerous.:p
    Sorry for going off topic.

I don't use Shadow defender anymore and I find many alternative in today's market unlike few years back
  3. malbky

malbky Regular Member

Hmm, Seems a stroy worth pubhlishing. The coming time will answer all are questions.