Guide | How To Tips On Getting Your Hacked/Stolen Email Address Back

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
Whats up guys! :angel: So i get loads of people asking me what to do/how to get back their hacked Gmail/Orkut/Hostmail/Google Account, etc. So i decided to write an article about this subject that i found very important So everyone should read this no matter how safe you think you are!

Please note that provided technics here are tested and apply for all email account provider like : Hotmail, Windows Live, Gmail, USAHotmail, Yahoo..

1. Trying “Forget Password” Option

First you must try the “Forget Password” Option. I know this will not work in most cases, as options like forget password rely on secondary email address and security question, both of which can be easily changed once a account gets hacked. But still you should try atleast once as most password gets hacked by script kiddies and not by real hackers.

2. Contact your account provider team

Windows Live team has setup a validation page for those Windows Live Hotmail users who’s account is hacked and not able to login into email account. Windows Live Validation page can be used as last resort to recover and get back stolen/hacked/phished Windows Live & Hotmail emails accounts.

The Windows Live ID Validation Page was created to ask key questions about your account (only you would be able to provide the answers) when you created or updated your account. The more information you provide better the chances of getting back hijacked email account.

Details include information which most likely only real owner can provide. Here are few things for example…

Last successful login date.
Account creation date.
Your Full name (or what you used during the sign up).
Your date of birth.
Your old password.
Your old secret question and their answer.
Your Internet Service Provider.
Your country.
The IP address of each computer used to acced your account, or the most commonly used.
Google products you used with this account and the date you started using each one (this is for Gmail Only).
Don’t forget to write your request in a clear and understandable English, avoiding the SMS language, spelling and abbreviations!

Now most important part is what they quoted on the form :

“Please answer each question as thoroughly and accurately as possible. If you’re not certain about some of the information, provide your closest estimate. Whether or not we can return your account depends on the strength and accuracy of your responses.”

Same thing apply for the others email accounts providers, this is their contact form about the hacked email service :

- For Gmail users, please follow this link : Gmail Contact Form http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/request.py?contact_type=ara&ctx=accounts&hl=en

- For Yahoo users : Open the Yahoo login page and click on “I can’t access my account” link located under the login fields. then continue with instruction.. https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?

- For USA Hotmail users follow this link please. http://mail.usahotmail.com/email/scripts/hints.pl?bounce=0

3. Contact Email Provider by FAX and/or Mail

If the email account provider didn’t replied to your support ticket, that normally not happens (at least with me ) try to get in touch with them using a simple Mail and/or by FAX.

For hotmail and Windows live users :

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052-6399
USA

Microsoft USA FAX: (425) 706-7329
Microsoft France FAX : 0033164460660
Microsoft France Phone : 0825827829

For Gmail users :

Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
USA

Google Phone: +1 650-253-0000
Google Fax: +1 650-253-0001

For Yahoo users :

Yahoo! Inc.
701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
USA

Yahoo phone: (408) 349-3300
Yahoo FAX: (408) 349-3301

4. Be patient

Guys, this method is working perfectly and tested by me, many others friends and internet users, so you don’t have to worry if you are the real account owner..

It takes probably 2 to 3 week to process your recovery request then your email will get back to you. So just be patient & relax.

Good luck ^^ :angel:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: How to get back your Stolen/Hacked Email address

Nice helpful guide. Never have had my account hacked, but if on the slight chance it does I will remember to come here ;)

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011

Hopefully no will need this but incase they do :D What inspired me to make this article was a lady who had her gmail account hacked and the person tried to make her pay £500 to get her account back and saying if she dosen't he will wipe the account clean and send everyone her secrets, pretty scary stuff

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Nathan Wootton said:
Hopefully no will need this but incase they do :D What inspired me to make this article was a lady who had her gmail account hacked and the person tried to make her pay £500 to get her account back and saying if she dosen't he will wipe the account clean and send everyone her secrets, pretty scary stuff

That is bad and thanks for making the article. Also I always have strong passwords to go with all my email accounts.

Luke[Dumke480]

Oct 28, 2011

McLovin said:
Nice helpful guide. Never have had my account hacked, but if on the slight chance it does I will remember to come here ;)

well call yourself lucky, i've had so many things hacked, it's not funny, but this wasn't because of ill security, this was just game accounts, they all get hacked eventually.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Luke[Dumke480] said:
McLovin said:

well call yourself lucky, i've had so many things hacked, it's not funny, but this wasn't because of ill security, this was just game accounts, they all get hacked eventually.

I have never had any game account hacked or anything. Game accounts meaning Steam and Xfire?

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Ive had a hotmail account hacked before and i changed the password before making a new account and left it for a while and the password change seemed to fix it, i still went to a new account though just incase :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.