App Review Trend Micro Maximum Security Prevention and Detection Test (safe1st)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NZRADAR

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks for the time you take on these tests.

I wonder on these products that are very dependent on a strong reliable internet connection, that there remains a strong possibility of your ip address getting denial of service attack or other ways poisoning your internet traffic so that the AV cannot receive data from the cloud, I think this especially when testing malware that then initiates a further download maybe saturating all your available network capacity.

Just some probably obvious thoughts, maybe more geared to those who have slow internet service by there geographical location. :)

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Great video as always!
Thanks for sharing, because I had never seen the Trend Micro in action! :)

:D
I did trend micro test before. Few weeks ago, but without detection test.

Thanks for the time you take on these tests.

I wonder on these products that are very dependent on a strong reliable internet connection, that there remains a strong possibility of your ip address getting denial of service attack or other ways poisoning your internet traffic so that the AV cannot receive data from the cloud, I think this especially when testing malware that then initiates a further download maybe saturating all your available network capacity.

Just some probably obvious thoughts, maybe more geared to those who have slow internet service by there geographical location. :)

you're welcome :)

If its happen, then it means Security software failed to protect users isnt it?

NZRADAR

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
:D
I did trend micro test before. Few weeks ago, but without detection test.

you're welcome :)

If its happen, then it means Security software failed to protect users isnt it?

Yes in a broad sense it has failed, which to me defines another question which is how can Security Software Secure the bandwidth it needs for its own survival and your digital protection (like protecting your jugular vein) can the Security Software understand your own individual bandwidth capacity and prioritize its own needs above all other requests, maybe answer is known already by some, but it always in the back of my head. "Stuff I think about"

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Good test. Trend's strongest point has always been it's web filter/web guard. Has always been so for years. As for when you put the web filter set to high you will receive alot of false positives. Trend are getting really good in the file detection side of things. The reason scans take a while as it's compiling with signatures it downloads while checking with the latest signatures it gets from the internet.

Good test none the less. :)

D

Deleted member 178

Good test. Trend's strongest point has always been it's web filter/web guard. Has always been so for years. As for when you put the web filter set to high you will receive alot of false positives. Trend are getting really good in the file detection side of things. The reason scans take a while as it's compiling with signatures it downloads while checking with the latest signatures it gets from the internet.

Good test none the less. :)

@McLovin is a Trend lover since ages , in fact i almost never saw him use anything else :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly Trend Micro is the one I see to make very appealing to some consumers, likely because of the concept where much more on the threat landscape protection?

I'm not sure but the truth here where a good alternative at all.

Less impact because rely on Cloud and many business firms wants light on their system.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Yes for a second time, missed it again :( (software has no impact, is all I see and a complaint on deinstalling malware bytes, but what about the functionality of the program: security)

upload_2016-8-10_22-23-54.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Der.Reisende
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.