trhd03twth's configs

trhd03twth

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 29, 2015
I'm fan of portable apps, if someone suggest adding one/two more on-demand scanners, please consider this. :D

Testing Adguard 6.0 Alpha few days. I quite love its UI as it's far more intuitive than the previous one. Also they finally support the most popular filter list in my country. :) I haven't faced any bug yet though it's still alpha. This new version of Adguard seems much lighter than the last time I tried it (version 4 I guess..), though it still slow connection down a bit.

I'm impressed with the efficiency of Secunia. It can even check my portable apps whether they're up-to-date or not.

Here come some questions I have with Firefox:
1. I couldn't find Firefox by searching via Cortana or app list. Does anyone face this issue? (This makes me think Microsoft did something after Mozilla grouse them about setting default app. :p )
2. I have Google Translator add-on installed in Firefox. When I launch Firefox in Comodo's Sandbox, this add-on wouldn't start! (its icon disappears on navigation bar).

Thanks for reading. ^^

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
How can Comodo Firewall be considered as RTP program?
have you tried BCUninstaller(Bulk Crap Uninstaller) instead of Iobit.

Reactions: trhd03twth

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Just use built in AV from MS.
Consider using Windows firewall as well in place of Comodo FW.It would be much lighter.
Consider adding one or two more on demand scanners
Consider adding a second browser such as Chrome unless you are using Edge as your additional browser.
You could also add HTTPS Everywhere to FF.
Nice config! Thanks for sharing it :)

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

because an HIPS is RTP.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Maybe as some backup software such as Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect both have a good free version. :)

If you do not own a portable HDD you could give Aomei One Key a look it will even assist in creating a new partition for you. ;)

Thanks for sharing. :)

trhd03twth

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 29, 2015
Just use built in AV from MS.
I suggest you to get an antivirus (Avast would be good) or get the comodo premium (free) because a firewall alone can't protect you
Actually I'm trying to get rid of AV as I use common sense to do stuffs like surfing internet and opening files. Not receive any alert about threats since when I've been still using AV for a very long time.

have you tried BCUninstaller(Bulk Crap Uninstaller) instead of Iobit.
Not try yet. First time I heard it.

Consider using Windows firewall as well in place of Comodo FW.It would be much lighter.
Consider adding one or two more on demand scanners
Consider adding a second browser such as Chrome unless you are using Edge as your additional browser.
You could also add HTTPS Everywhere to FF.
- I used to have Sbxie with Windows FW, but Sbxie is still more buggy on Win10, so I move to Comodo. CFW just gives a little impact on my system, so I don't mind. :)
- Added MBAM free.
- Forgot to add Edge as my additional browser. Thanks!
- Added HTTPs Everywhere to FF.

because an HIPS is RTP.
That's right, and Auto-sandbox enabled :D

If you do not own a portable HDD you could give Aomei One Key a look it will even assist in creating a new partition for you. ;)
Nice! :p I'm finding a backup solution that works like this as my RXRollback hasn't supported Win10 yet.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Pretty good list of your confguration.

Regarding on your questions.

1) Sometimes its a little tweak to Cortona and try again since Cortona needs a lot of information to record on.

2) Well in sandbox, there are instances that a few bugs may present since a behavior run between in the system and isolated are little different. ;)

Reactions: trhd03twth

trhd03twth

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 29, 2015
Pretty good list of your confguration.

Regarding on your questions.

1) Sometimes its a little tweak to Cortona and try again since Cortona needs a lot of information to record on.

2) Well in sandbox, there are instances that a few bugs may present since a behavior run between in the system and isolated are little different. ;)

1) I disabled some services (Location, reading SMS..). Maybe that's why.
2) LOL it suddenly appears this morning. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.