Mini Spy

Latest Threads

Dismiss Notice
Need Malware Removal Help?
If you’re being redirected from a site you’re trying to visit or seeing pop-up ads, unwanted toolbars, or strange search results, your computer may have malware.
We offer FREE malware removal assistance to our members.

Trovi Malware - "Run DLL" pop up box remains on windows startup after malware removal

Discussion in 'Malware Removal Assistance' started by Lester Romine, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Lester Romine

Lester Romine New Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Windows 7
    Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?:
    64-bit (x64)
    Infection date and initial symptoms:
    Trovi Malware in browser, redirects home screen .
    Current issues and symptoms:
    Followed recommened Trovi malware removal instructions successfully EXCEPT for one minor persisting problem.
    Steps taken in order to remove the infection:
    Followed recommened Trovi malware removal instructions successfully EXCEPT for one minor persisting problem.
    What scan logs have you uploaded to this post?:
    • AdwCleaner scan log
    I have followed recommended protocols to suceessfully remove the "Trovi" malware from my computer.
    But have one minor problem.
    The virus removal programs successfully removed the malware programs, as the program no longer runs on my computer.
    But the malware appears to have left code in the windows startup directing the computer to run files which are now no longer present on my computer.
    Problem is that this causes the following Windows Popup box "Run DLL" to come up , before any other windows startup programs run.

The Pop up box contains the following wording"

" There was a problem starting
    The specified module could not be found."

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the code lines in start up that lead to the popup box, so that it will no longer occur at computer start up.

Attached Files:

2. TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle Malware Removal Expert MalwareTips Staff

Mar 8, 2013