Expired TuneUp Utilities 2014 - 6 months free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Download TuneUp Utilities 2014 (52.8 MB) from one of these links

http://dl3.comss.ru/download/tuneuputilities2014-chipcz-180days.exe
(you need to copy-paste-enter into your browser to start the download, if you just click the link it can redirect you to www.comss.ru )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
or
http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/99660399/file.html

Install it and you have the licence for 180 days. That's it :D

Supported OS: Windows 8.1 / 8/7 / Vista / XP 32 | 64-bit

2013-11-19_222016.png

Reactions: Venustus and Jack

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
i dont see the point in downloading and installing this for just 180 days?
What happens after the 180 days are over?

i would sooner use a 100% free program rather than junk like this.

Thanks.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Amiga500 said:
i dont see the point in downloading and installing this for just 180 days?
What happens after the 180 days are over?

i would sooner use a 100% free program rather than junk like this.

Thanks.

113378.jpg

Reactions: sunil22
I

illumination

I have seen this program over the years, cripple more PC's then i have seen it fix.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
TuneUp Utilities's main components are not supposed to fix a "broken" computer in my opinion.
You can cleanup your hdd from junk
Clean invalid registry entries not associated with any program etc.
Defragment HDD
Clean invalid shortcuts
Customize themes and kill unnecessary processes that you don't use (and you had specified what they were)
etc etc etc
The only fixing component that I saw in TuneUp is
Repair_Wizard_1.png

For not such big problems.

If you have a broken system, you should try system repair tools like Tweaking.com Windows Repair and similar. But the best is to reinstall hardly infected or after infection broken system. Or broken system of any other cause.
For me these tools do not serve to fix what was broken but to maintain and speedup (in reality for just a littlebit) a healthy system.

Thanks

I

illumination

BoraMurdar said:
TuneUp Utilities's main components are not supposed to fix a "broken" computer in my opinion.
You can cleanup your hdd from junk
Clean invalid registry entries not associated with any program etc.
Defragment HDD
Clean invalid shortcuts
Customize themes and kill unnecessary processes that you don't use (and you had specified what they were)
etc etc etc
The only fixing component that I saw in TuneUp is
Repair_Wizard_1.png

For not such big problems.

If you have a broken system, you should try system repair tools like Tweaking.com Windows Repair and similar. But the best is to reinstall hardly infected or after infection broken system. Or broken system of any other cause.
For me these tools do not serve to fix what was broken but to maintain and speedup (in reality for just a littlebit) a healthy system.

Thanks

Obviously a misunderstanding in terminology. When i said "fix" i meant cleaning registry, junk files ect.. This program has killed more computers then i could shake a stick at.. Im positive others in this forum have seen or experienced exactly what im talking about, but, to each their own, i would never recommend this product to anyone.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
This program has killed more computers then i could shake a stick at..

Could you post a practical example that TuneUp killed those computers?

I

illumination

BoraMurdar said:
This program has killed more computers then i could shake a stick at..

Could you post a practical example that TuneUp killed those computers?

You know, back a couple years ago when i had to reformat a handful of computers in one general area because some guy had suggested this utility to all of them, i simply forgot to take screen shots to save all the way until now to prove to you, because common knowledge that these type of programs are harmful for computers would not be enough..

Maybe it would be easier for you to post a practical example proving this utility has never corrupted a registry or crippled a machine.

P.S. For those interested in using a product like this, instead of using the old fashioned method "windows inbuilt" methods of cleaning, i would first suggest making a complete backup of your whole system before installing the utility, then i would advise creating a restore point before each use of said product, so if and when something goes wrong, hopefully you will be still able to access your restore points and revert, if not you will always have your back ups.. Me personally, i stay away from programs such as these.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Well, TuneUp Utilities (now powered by AVG) is well known company. They do what they do. Programming, coding the software that does what it does. Now, probably they know how to do it since they are doing it for more than 10 years I think since 1997. Their "firm" will fail a long time ago if a lot amount of broken computers were theirs fault by sues or something. In fact (I am not 100% right when I am saying this , do not take it literally) if it is so dangerous it would be considered as malware?
They probably code that program that doesn't hurt your machine (accidents happens).

Example, Acronis, also well known company are doing backup, protection and partitioning.
- "Well, they don't , it's dangerous using their programs"

Prove that they are not doing their job. There is no need to prove that they ARE doing... it is obvious

I

illumination

BoraMurdar said:
Well, TuneUp Utilities (now powered by AVG) is well known company. They do what they do. Programming, coding the software that does what it does. Now, probably they know how to do it since they are doing it for more than 10 years I think since 1997. Their "firm" will fail a long time ago if a lot amount of broken computers were theirs fault by sues or something. In fact (I am not 100% right when I am saying this , do not take it literally) if it is so dangerous it would be considered as malware?
They probably code that program that doesn't hurt your machine (accidents happens).

Example, Acronis, also well known company are doing backup, protection and partitioning.
- "Well, they don't , it's dangerous using their programs"

Prove that they are not doing their job. There is no need to prove that they ARE doing... it is obvious

There are rogue AV's companies still still selling malicious versions of security on the net, some have been around since 2008 or before, this proves nothing to me, but i have "witnessed" messed up computers running this software. We can debate this all day long, personally, i have said my piece.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
So AVG is rogue company? :D

I agree with you that these tools can be dangerous and I can suggest to any user to create system restore point and backup all important data before using these kind of software.

For example, about 5-6 years ago, can quite remember what Antivirus I was using, (think it was AVG) has an option to seal all security holes (similar IObit has now) in the system, patching some registry keys and the same registry keys was later found invalid by CCleaner (Registry cleaner) :D

I am not forcing anyone to use this tools, just promoting giveaways, and if I can just add a situation when the only cause that Mr. Burns is keeping alive is that there are so many viruses are stocked and in the same time keeping balance :D
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/FYFcT9sDSBs/hqdefault.jpg

I am saying that there were times that PC's were so broken and infected and still worked, and after removing viruses and all defects, system would become unstable and guess what "It's repair's guy fault" :D

I

illumination

BoraMurdar said:
So AVG is rogue company? :D

I agree with you that these tools can be dangerous and I can suggest to any user to create system restore point and backup all important data before using these kind of software.

For example, about 5-6 years ago, can quite remember what Antivirus I was using, (think it was AVG) has an option to seal all security holes (similar IObit has now) in the system, patching some registry keys and the same registry keys was later found invalid by CCleaner (Registry cleaner) :D

I am not forcing anyone to use this tools, just promoting giveaways, and if I can just add a situation when the only cause that Mr. Burns is keeping alive is that there are so many viruses are stocked and in the same time keeping balance :D
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/FYFcT9sDSBs/hqdefault.jpg

I am saying that there were times that PC's were so broken and infected and still worked, and after removing viruses and all defects, system would become unstable and guess what "It's repair's guy fault" :D

This was not a personal affront on you by any means, i have just seen this product in use a couple years ago..

BTW, have to admire your sense of humor :D

ImtheBest

Level 2
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
I can agree with both of u on that @illumination @BoraMurdar :). As software Can screw up Computers Like comodo Internet security i installed on my dads computer and got BSOD. Just because of lack of programing skill i think of a Network Integrated driver. Like how the hack can that screw up when its supposed to protect u lol. And other program PC Tools Security the program wouldn't even uninstall off my computer damn thing. So yes there are programs out there that can harm your computer go figure....

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
illumination said:
I have seen this program over the years, cripple more PC's then i have seen it fix.

He's right, TuneUp Utilities (as of the last time I used it .... maybe 2010?) is real sh!t software.

NOW with that being said, back in the day, the EARLY XP days TuneUp Utilities WAS the sh!t and was actually good and usefull if not for nothing else it's msstyle installer, now I don't know how it's been since AVG took it over but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot stick, Like illumination said above, I have seen it cripple more systems than it has actually done good .... BTW one of those systems was mine back in '10.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.