App Review Twister Antivirus 8 Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Thirio

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Video created by commstv

jBRFEGd.png

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
It seems this version dating 2012/2013... now we are in 2017.:rolleyes:
Saw your reply, I think I will skip this dated content. Thanks Winter :)
I am curious about Twister but not that curious :p
Edit:
I think @Jack needs to impliment a rule that restricts Video Reviews to the current calendar year, dated reviews serve no purpose, except to maybe be misleading, and not informative, and can be dangerous to readers.

Last edited:
R

Rodney74

It seems this version dating 2012/2013... now we are in 2017.:rolleyes:

kinda being picky, I mean in the large scale of things considering the universe and millenniums, they have only missed 1.1000000th of a year, so they aren't off very much at all.

But I get your point, in finite time, they are way behind the technology curve.

Thirio

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Twister 8 is still the latest version...it still receives updates on a daily basis. Didn't see much discussion about this product which I thought was a shame so I wanted to share this for those who don't know about it. Sorry if I broke some rule... just wanted to share this product which I think is pretty strong yet not talked about at all. I'd love to see a 2017 review of Twister but it seems some people won't give it a chance. :confused:

R

Rodney74

Twister 8 is still the latest version...it still receives updates on a daily basis. Didn't see much discussion about this product which I thought was a shame so I wanted to share this for those who don't know about it. Sorry if I broke some rule... just wanted to share this product which I think is pretty strong yet not talked about at all. I'd love to see a 2017 review of Twister but it seems some people won't give it a chance. :confused:

it looks cool... seems to incorporate some very good features into one package...I need English though.

R

Rodney74

one guy comments on the review video, saying he has used it for years and it finds problems other security software's don't...

Here is a quote: "You're an idiot. Learn how to use the software before reviewing it. I've used it for several years and it finds viruses others can't."

Reactions: Thirio and frogboy

Thirio

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
one guy comments on the review video, saying he has used it for years and it finds problems other security software's don't...

Here is a quote: "You're an idiot. Learn how to use the software before reviewing it. I've used it for several years and it finds viruses others can't."
The tester didn't tweak anything (the heuristics were set on basic and the virtual machine setting was disabled). It's kind of like installing Comodo and not putting it on "Proactive mode" for example.

Thirio

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Metadefender also uses the Twister engine for their online scanning service similar to VirusTotal. They go under their company name Filseclab.

Filseclab
logo-filseclab.png

"Filseclab® Corporation, founded in 2001, focuses on computer security technology. After more than ten years of development, Filseclab has grown into an industry leader worldwide, with their products trusted by millions of people around the world. Filseclab customers include government, military, and financial institutions. "

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
You're right, and also makes you think what counterfeit technology are they using... as we all know China's copyright laws are somehow nonexistent.
I wonder if they will start developing operating systems as well, like "Macrosoft Doors".

But I gotta admit, for an AV, the feature list is somehow impressive though.

R

Rodney74

I remember hearing, the US made it, and Japan and China couldn't make it, but they sure are good at copying things, and today we buy Japanese cars.

Look how they copied and improved our cars (4 cyl at least)..

That leads me to ask what if that counterfeit technology is better and will indeed protect a PC beyond what other security products achieve.

I think someone could give it a fare test, so we can see a up to date response.

As far as privacy laws go, it looks like we can't just complain about China, how about everyone else, even governments are doing the same thing now.

R

Rodney74

Another reviewer says the following:

Filseclab Twister Antivirus offers strong protection against all types of malware using an innovative technology.

The software uses anti malware definitions, EVANET Cloud Security, Intelligent Proactive Defense Wall, and Advanced Heuristic detection of known as well as new malwares.

The Malware Virtual Machine™ simulates a real environment which can induce malware to reveal it's behavior before it compromises your system.

Each program is monitored in depth using the Black-box and the Super Rollback module restores every derivative including memory objects after malicious activity is detected.

Its Privacy Protection module protects your documents from theft.

The software uses the computers resources intelligently, and every scanned file is cached automatically which dramatically improves the overall performance.

The software updates several times a day to ensure the most up-to-date protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.