Two questions (System Optimization Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
1. which is better for deleting stuff so it cant be recovered like browser temp files etc to make browsing more secure. privazer or east tec eraser

2. i accidentally deleted an entry in ccleaner without uninstalling the program how do i make it reappear in the installed programs list

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
  1. Although I've heard of both Privazer and East Tec, I have not used either one yet.:oops: I have read may praises for Privazer!:)
  2. My course of action (for question #2) would be to perform a restore point prior to the deleted entry with CCleaner.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
1. which is better for deleting stuff so it cant be recovered like browser temp files etc to make browsing more secure. privazer or east tec eraser

2. i accidentally deleted an entry in ccleaner without uninstalling the program how do i make it reappear in the installed programs list
Finding a temp files is one thing and deleting (shredding it) is totally another. Every tool that has an option for shredding the files using various methods can be considered as safe. No matter what tool is using this algorithms.
If you shred files using Random Data Method, it is already considered unrecoverable, in the real world.
Every more secure methods (US DoD, Steiner, Guthman) are slower. These are made for governments to shred their sensitive files as they have sophisticated tools for recovering them. But again, if you shred your file by the fastest method, no software made for the wide-public can recover it properly.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012

What entry did you delete?

Reactions: Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.