URGENT: Windows Activation Pro Virus

GrannyPancakes

Thread author
Aug 8, 2016
I was downloading a program and it seemed perfectly safe, but I was busy thinking about other stuff and accidentally agreed to install other programs. I then tried to perform a scan and delete all the programs or files that were created, but before I could it logged me out of my computer and restarted the computer. It looks almost identical to other Windows Activation Pro malware that other people have dealt with. It has the same picture, purple and black screen, very similar text. But it has a different phone number, and it doesn't say anything about malicious malware. It just says "It's time to enter the product key. Look for it on the box that Windows DVD came in, in an email that shows that you bought Windows, or on the Certificate of Authenticity sticker, which you'll find on your PC, power adapter, or inside the battery compartment of your laptop.(It's okey to remove the batter, so long as the laptop is plugged in.)" And it misspelled 'okay' which makes me think that it's not real. I can't click on anything, or even type anything for where the product key is supposed to be. And I can't open Task Manager or Command Prompt. Please help me, I really don't know what to do!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.