Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I will be building a gaming system pretty soon for my son, can you guys recommend a good video card?
Something that can handle most games and video editing etc, but not crazy expensive???

Reactions: Dani Santos

songoku316

Level 6
Verified
Jul 25, 2014
the newEVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC great price low power consumption and very good performance at 1080 resolution

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Games and Video editing, seems the processor here will be Intel i5 to i7 and if AMD it could be A8 and above.

Any ideas how many RAM you wanted to allocate?

Reactions: BoraMurdar

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
My budget on gpu would be no more than $150-$200

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
FX 8350 is great CPU, about mobo, I would rather go with 970 chipset, something like Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P.
GPU to pair (bellow 200$) would be r9 280 or if you can find r9 285 but both are excellent graphic cards... r9 280 has more VRAM , so it might be better in higher resolutions or in video editing.
If you can put by some 20 bucks more you can buy GTX 960 ;)

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
what is the complete budget, or the other components you have? Its easier to buy according to all components
Well I am still looking, can you suggest an asus mobo with onboard video under a 100 bucks?
I'm still learning hardware, other than the type of cpu your using, what do you look for when choosing motherboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.