Webpages do not open correctly after installing free antivirus and firewall -Help!!!

Sergio27

Thread author
Feb 22, 2015
Feb 19, 2015 - My Norton 6-month trial ended, and I first installed Panda and free ZoneAlarm while trying to find a license key for NIS 2014. Webpages opened fine but .exe files would not open. I removed Panda and installed free Avira. Installed antimalware apps wouldn't open until I removed Spybot.
Now the webpages do not open as they are supposed to (as if their css coding isn't right) in all browsers, or pages are loading forever. Utube videos do not start.
If I disable either the av (free Avira - only antivirus and no web protection was used) or firewall (free ZoneAlarm), nothing changes.
Disabled the Avira's app - Browser Security, in Mozilla - nothing changed. Ran tests by Malwarebytes and Emsisoft Emergency, they found nothing. That was all I could do as I'm not a tech savvy. I'm not sure if I'm in real trouble or not. I thought about restoring the OS (win 8.1) to an early date, or refresh it without removing files. But I'm not sure if I should run additional tests before that or after. Please help!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.