• Other ( say in comments )
I want speed up my computer for games. Thanks

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For better performance, don't use any that run in the background or in real-time. Use on-demand tools to clean and clear junk files.

Get an understanding about the Windows Services, check BlackViper website. Disable unwanted programs on start-up with msconfig, or use Sysinternals Autoruns for finer tuning. Other 3rd software may provide better details, but again make sure it's not running in the background all the time.

The tools you listed can all clean and clear junk files from your PC, but that's part of general PC maintenance and privacy. Not sure how they'd relate to speeding up your computer for games.

Use a good defragmentation tool to defrag your HDD, or optimise your SSD (trim).

Maybe more advanced PC gamers could provide better information. :p

Again, without knowing your PC specs, which you have previously ignored my other messages, I don't know what else to suggest.

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
For better performance, don't use any that run in the background or in real-time. Use on-demand tools to clean and clear junk files.

Get an understanding about the Windows Services, check BlackViper website. Disable unwanted programs on start-up with msconfig, or use Sysinternals Autoruns for finer tuning. Other 3rd software may provide better details, but again make sure it's not running in the background all the time.

The tools you listed can all clean and clear junk files from your PC, but that's part of general PC maintenance and privacy. Not sure how they'd relate to speeding up your computer for games.

Use a good defragmentation tool to defrag your HDD, or optimise your SSD (trim).

Maybe more advanced PC gamers could provide better information. :p

Again, without knowing your PC specs, which you have previously ignored my other messages, I don't know what else to suggest.
Thanks !!

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
I'd really never go further than CCleaner... ;)
From those above, though, I'd choose Wise Care..
But, as @Huracan said, understanding how your PC functions and learn its built-in 'tools' would be the best 'optimizer'.
You can also try MyDefrag.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Glary utilities for me. Their boot defragment tool is awesome
For cleaning temp files or Registry better use CCleaner

RƎDSPYGENTLEMEN

Level 2
Verified
Aug 14, 2014
I use all of them. A lot of techy users (Aura) *COUGH* disagree with ASC. But I think it really improves my computer speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.