Which would be a better search engine for Internet Explorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Need an answer. I know google is the gaint, but apart from that what do u trust ?

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
bing US version is lot better than other regional bing....yahoo search is powered by bing.....ask.com is kinda malware for me :p....duck duck go is good alternative too...

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Any search engine that you prefer. Bing or Google, or DDG would be suitable.

You could also change your default page to your preferred SE, or leave at about:blank or about:Tabs for faster IE loading.

D

Deleted member 21043

What Search engines do you like the most? I use Google myself because its linked to my Google Account which I use for my E-mail, YouTube, G+ Chats (I don't use the statuses etc on it),...

If you are looking for Privacy, DuckDuckGo is probably good. Honestly, I've never tried it myself, however I know @Fantasy know's what he is talking about (or at least I hope he does :D ) when he posts on the forums, so it's best go to with his suggestion if your looking for Privacy.

I recommend you switch over from Internet Explorer to Firefox (not Google Chrome because I installed Firefox and it's faster than Chrome ever was for me). Internet Explorer can be very buggy at times, and Firefox appears to be a lot faster at loading webpages than Internet Explorer. It seems more stable for me (never freezes) and IE and Chrome both freeze, sometimes.

Reactions: Oxygen

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I recommend you switch over from Internet Explorer to Firefox (not Google Chrome because I installed Firefox and it's faster than Chrome ever was for me). Internet Explorer can be very buggy at times, and Firefox appears to be a lot faster at loading webpages than Internet Explorer. It seems more stable for me (never freezes) and IE and Chrome both freeze, sometimes.

Guess the reason why I switched to IE. Well no need to guess, I will give u the answer.

> I hate that stupid UI which is similar to chrome. Before I was using FF with lot of issues, but could not compete with other browser as u said it was powerful than them.
> Now IE is stronger than the other common browsers.
> FF was heavier, I mean when ever I install adons/plugins it drastically freeze with that its smooth scrolling used to flicker all the time even with having a 4 GB of ram
>Any time u upgrade, u might get the chances called "Connection Untrusted" Which is very awe full.
>Internet Explorer is now updated and Better and strong as other browsers. I have tried all the browsers, nothing pleased me as it was with IE.
>I have kept chrome as an alternative just because I can skip downloading Flash player updates for FF :p
>And talk about protection, I feel i'm lot protected with IE rather than other browsers.

D

Deleted member 21043

Okay. If your comfortable with using IE, and you like it, it's all cool :)

I apologize for the 2 copies of my post. There is something wrong with my MT account. I won't go into all the problems I have with my MT account no one else seems to have, but one of them is I can only post/send a message by spamming the Submit button, sometimes creating duplicate copies of my posts.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013

I apologize for the 2 copies of my post. There is something wrong with my MT account. I won't go into all the problems I have with my MT account no one else seems to have, but one of them is I can only post/send a message by spamming the Submit button, sometimes creating duplicate copies of my posts.
Yeah its all right for all.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Sometimes depending on the internet connection and maybe even the server your post might be delayed a bit.If you click submit once and it takes a while go back to the homepage and refresh then more times than not your reply will be posted.This happens to me from time to time.

I use Google but Bing & DDG are also good.I dont really care for Yahoo or Ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.